SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well AutoCity Speedway is fully ready:thumbup:For those of you that made it out for the opener the track now includes use of the new pavement. For the other riders come on out!:D It is SO much fun now:laughingr June 15th Fathers Day will be your day to try it!!! See ya at the Track!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'll be there with my pink helmet and orange "slow" triangle!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not sure if I can make it due to Father's Day. It'll be somewhat last minute if I can. Gotta check out this new track soon, hopefully. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fathers Day is YOUR DAY to do as you please!!!

WHAT else would /could you be thinking of doing on Dads day other then RIPIN' around on a SWEETT ASS TRACKS :arsenal

·
Registered
558 Posts
you can count on me plus one I am also trying hard to drag two others out to check it out. No excuses guy's it's fathers day for most of us that means it's our day and were else is their to go. :headscrat
Hint it is located in Clio :thumbup:

See ya Sunday.:bike:

·
Registered
233 Posts
How screwed will I be heading south after the Cup race lets out at MIS? I need to get home to Indy Sunday night or be in Joliet, Il by 8am Monday morning for work. Best bet is to go through Grand Rapids and 196 toward Joliet maybe? About how long will it take going that way? Do the MiSumo sessions end right at 4pm or do they go later with day light savings?

Will make a heck of a good weekend doing the SB2 race Saturday and MiSumo Sunday.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
dublx no need to fight 75 to 94 traffic. jump on i69 in flint and take that right to indy or hit 69 to 94 to chicago. the track time usually ends at 4 or a few minutes later. so you'll have time to get where you need to be. see you there, i may ride a session or two depending on how i feel.

849 if you cant get your spokes, let me know i found mine, i can loan you one. grapeape has tire changing stuff so, we can mount the tire at the track without marring the rim. ski

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ski, thanks for the offer I have borrowed a wheel for the weekend I just have to chg the tire and sprocket over I'll do that tomorrow at work. That one broken spoke turned into a total of four. I discovered that when I got home after jackson.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Well... I'm out!

I didn't realize I had to remove the right side crankcase cover completely to remove my clutch basket and when I pulled the basket forward something fell out of place behind the basket and now I can't get the clutch back together.

Therefore, unless I can find a right side crankcase gasket locally, I'm not going to be able to get the bike back together to be able to ride this weekend.

·
Registered
233 Posts
PM me with your clutch question if you want. What fell out? I've gotten pretty handy with the CRF clutches. Is the gasket destroyed or just a tare or two? You can silicone over a cut or two for the day. If you order a gasket, get two, and get some for the left side and an oring for the water tube and oil filter cap. And a spare water pump cover oring and seal. A spare crush washer for the pipe is only about a buck and may come in handy too. It'll be 30 or 40 bucks now but one late Friday night you'll pat yourself on the back for being a good boy scout.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yeah, I'm kicking myself in the butt for not just order the gasket kits you can buy.

I'm going to take the case cover off tomorrow to see what's going on. I was too frustrated tonight to continue, had to walk away.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get the cover off without damaging the gasket too much.

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm in... maybe!

I managed to find a shop that could cut me a gasket! Cafe' Motorcycle on E. 9 Mile.

Now all I have to do is take the cover off, put back whatever it is that fell off and put it back together. I'm not going to push my luck though and I think I'll wait to replace my clutch basket until after the track day. I just filed down the grooves in the old basket for now.

Wish me more luck!

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MIsuperMoto has a ton of hon450 parts!

Dan I have 2 clutch baskets let me know if you need it how is the brake rotor? Dave

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks Dave. I bought a Hinson Clutch basket but, seeing as I have to dismantle the OEM clutch basket to use the Hinson, I think I am going to wait until after this weekend to put it in. I don't want to push my luck and not be able to ride this weekend.

The brake rotor seems fine too, I think it just got knocked out of line. I took the caliper/relocator bracket apart and put it back together and it's not dragging anymore.

Thanks again :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts