SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made a few modifications to my DRZ, but still have the stock mirrors and I'm having trouble finding what to replace them with. Please help with photos and advice as to what works and looks good. Stock mirrors give a good view but I want a different look. Thanks for your help. Here's my DRZ.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I must tell you though, there's nothing out there that will be more functional than the stock mirrors. I've contemplated for a long while whether I should try smaller mirrors.
Well, I found these Motrax 3" billet mini bar-end mirrors from Cycle Gear that were pretty inexpensive a couple of weeks ago. They're hard to get used to for sure. They're still temporary until I find something better, but they did clean up the bike a little bit more. You can see well enough, but not as great as the stock ones.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just goto to your local bicycle shop and get a set of bar end Third Eye mirrors, $19.99 a pair. Work great, easy installation. I put them on my WR and I have no complaints.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I use the CRG Supermoto mirror. I like it fine. Very stealthy and you can actually see behind you.

:headscrat:hmmm:?!!! I wasn't aware CRG made supermoto mirrors. Did they just come out?:hmmm:

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Are they repackaging our Mirror? :lol: That is a picture of an Advanced Performance Accessories Mirror.

And customers report that you can actually see behind you with ours.......not a big blur.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I use the KTM SuperDuke mirrors bought from another member here on SMJ. I didn't want bar ends because I want to do track days and deal with the hassle of switching them out. The KTM mirrors look better and make it much easier to see behind you than the stock Suzuki units. They weigh less, too, which is worth major points when bench racing. :lol:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Are they repackaging our Mirror? :lol: That is a picture of an Advanced Performance Accessories Mirror.

And customers report that you can actually see behind you with ours.......not a big blur.

I'll vouch for that, I can pick out a crown vic with a lightbar a good 175 yards behind me

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just picked up a pair of Duke II mirrors this morning. They look very much like the ones above. I see a lot less of my elbows, but at the cost of buzzing. Ordered through my dealer they came in a week. Also received 15% off since the bike is new, total was less than $75.

I just bought the bike two weeks ago so I still need to get some pictures taken and posted.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Finally able to post some pictures...

Those things look to be the perfect height & width for truck mirrors when you lane-split.:headscrat

Unfortunately, they'll get taken out rather quickly if I had them.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Those things look to be the perfect height & width for truck mirrors when you lane-split.:headscrat

Unfortunately, they'll get taken out rather quickly if I had them.
I haven't had any trouble lane splitting with the Duke mirrors. The stock ones on my old V-Strom where exactly truck mirror height so that took a little maneuvering but I could still split. The DRZ is a breeze in comparison.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey, OP, if you want to get rid of your stock mirrors I'll buy the left one from you, mine broke when I dumped the bike a week ago. I'll buy em both if needbe, just let me know how much.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts