SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, since im getting kinda iffy to get my bike back from the shop, i decided i should at least get some parts for it while i wait :)

i dont even have a pic of the bike right now, just imagine an all stock sm510r 2010 with acerbis rally pro's in white...

i need some mirrors that are not as goofy looking as these mickey mouse stockies....

if someone knows a set of mirrors that collapse or are nice and sturdy (no rattling), shorter then the stock ones and can be used with the hand guards on, im all ears :)

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm using Aprilia mirrors on my 510. Much nicer design than stock and still very functional. Fit is perfect, here are the part numbers AP8104921 RH and AP8104922 LH. Google the part numbers, tons of pics on the web.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using Aprilia mirrors on my 510. Much nicer design than stock and still very functional. Fit is perfect, here are the part numbers AP8104921 RH and AP8104922 LH. Google the part numbers, tons of pics on the web.
hmmm, not to the best of my liking (but online pictures are sometimes not justifying the parts), ill go take a look at them over here at the local dealer next week, if they have them there ;)

thanks for the suggestion mate, please keep them coming if you got some solutions ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a set of Rizoma 'prototype naked' mirrors in black. Rizoma has a ton of different styles, but they are not cheap. However, they easily have the best glass in the industry as well as being made of CNC'd alum.

http://www.rizoma.com/en/bikes-accessories/gid:3/mirrors.html

You can see them on my bike here: http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?25669-husky-pics&p=1266289#post1266289
wow, those are nice, but my paycheck doesn't allow me to buy those :(

i could go anywhere up to $100 with shipping, but that would be cutting my monthly budget for bike parts a bit close ;)

thanks for sharing mate!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Got this made by Zefal.

It's a cycle mirror, excellent quality, fits onto anything, cheap at something like £11.00 from a cycle store.

If it breaks, buy another sort of thing. Mine's mounted on the throttle housing and you can see under your arm with a pretty good view as it's a wideish angle mirror too.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got this made by Zefal.

It's a cycle mirror, excellent quality, fits onto anything, cheap at something like £11.00 from a cycle store.

If it breaks, buy another sort of thing. Mine's mounted on the throttle housing and you can see under your arm with a pretty good view as it's a wideish angle mirror too.
am i right in the assumption that that is a zefal spy ?

if so, i think thats the route ill be going, im sure i can even figure something out to mount these on the handguards ;)

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I have the Highway Dirt Bike guards with a single mirror on the left side for street duty:thumbup: Very nice mirror, but I don't think you can mount them up without the whole system:headshake

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have Aprilia mirrors on my 510. Super nice & don't vibrate!!
they are a bit out of my interest range for a pair i believe i found them for 150ish if im correct, still going to look at them tho...

I have the Highway Dirt Bike guards with a single mirror on the left side for street duty:thumbup: Very nice mirror, but I don't think you can mount them up without the whole system:headshake
i email'd them last night, if they can make me a decent offer, ill drill a hole in my acerbis guards and mount them on ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Im putting the mirriors that go in the hand guards. They are like $28.00 on motostrano. I have the same hand guards too. They should look pretty clean....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Im putting the mirriors that go in the hand guards. They are like $28.00 on motostrano. I have the same hand guards too. They should look pretty clean....
wow, i just found those, wth is up with that, i searched all kinds of stuff last night on their page, and these just popped up outa nowhere,

do you have a picture of them on your acerbis guards by any chance ?

thanks in advance!

also, they look close to the ones i found on parts unlimited for 24.95 which i could buy local,
Code:
http://www.parts-unlimited.com/part/getItemDetails.do?partIds[]=39374
(these even give you the option of spring loaded fold down) hmmmm

·
Registered
133 Posts
I havent made it home to put my bike together yet :(. But maybe you can buy them and send me a picture of them installed lol. I think its gonna look really clean......Il probally end up cutting them up and getting them to fit exactly how I want anyway hah.

EDIT: Actually I have Acerbis Rally II's

·
Registered
849 Posts
am i right in the assumption that that is a zefal spy ?

if so, i think thats the route ill be going, im sure i can even figure something out to mount these on the handguards ;)
I think it was the Spy. It's only a small mirror but gives just enough to let you know there's a car coming up or a cop car sat behind you at the lights :D

Being the UK it mounts fine on the throttle. You'll find they do another which if you modify, you can fit into the bar end. This is the Stealth I think..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think it was the Spy. It's only a small mirror but gives just enough to let you know there's a car coming up or a cop car sat behind you at the lights :D

Being the UK it mounts fine on the throttle. You'll find they do another which if you modify, you can fit into the bar end. This is the Stealth I think..
i bought one of the spy mirrors, and am going to try either the highway db ones or the monostrano set, as they are fairly cheap priced and seem to work exactly for what i need, for now ima use the spy tho ;)

thanks a lot for all the input so far!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts