SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i seen that web sight but ive called and emailed twice with no responce back, the same with supercharged connection. im trying to get them used in good shape or buy just the rim and spokes and lace them myself. as far as the 12s ive never seen anyone do that except on a pitster, i have room for the 17s, woulndnt this be better? thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats pretty sweet . with the 12s do you loose your top speedbe cause the wheels are so small. i notice out of the first 2 races that id did that i was rolling on stock rims with michilin pilot slicks that i was faster on the straight away but not in the corners due to how narrow the front rim is. i know gearing can play a big role but dont wanna sacrafice torque for top speed. i wish they let you race the 150r in the mini class . me and my buddy are the only one that have the 85cc 2 strokes with no motor mods at the time, and those pit bikes are slow. one of the guys there had a big bore 160 kit air cooled in his pitster and had better toque but cant ouch us in the straightthanks:headscrat

·
Registered
95 Posts
thats pretty sweet . with the 12s do you loose your top speedbe cause the wheels are so small. i notice out of the first 2 races that id did that i was rolling on stock rims with michilin pilot slicks that i was faster on the straight away but not in the corners due to how narrow the front rim is. i know gearing can play a big role but dont wanna sacrafice torque for top speed. i wish they let you race the 150r in the mini class . me and my buddy are the only one that have the 85cc 2 strokes with no motor mods at the time, and those pit bikes are slow. one of the guys there had a big bore 160 kit air cooled in his pitster and had better toque but cant ouch us in the straightthanks:headscrat
I've only riden on 12's so far on my 85. You will have to play with gearing to get it right. I started with 15/49 (too short) I went to 16/49 (too tall) I going to go to 15/47 (should be right for my track) The 12's have tons on corner grip (sava tires) & work perfect for the kart track we ride on. We don't have a dirt section yet. When we do get dirt I may get a set of 17's.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've only riden on 12's so far on my 85. You will have to play with gearing to get it right. I started with 15/49 (too short) I went to 16/49 (too tall) I going to go to 15/47 (should be right for my track) The 12's have tons on corner grip (sava tires) & work perfect for the kart track we ride on. We don't have a dirt section yet. When we do get dirt I may get a set of 17's.
yeah im would be kinda heasitant at first jumping with the 12s., cause ive never ridin on them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Contact Cam at M&M Racing. I actually think he has a set of RM85 wheels that someone had him build and then didn't come through with $$$$. [email protected] If I remember correctly they had Rad hubs...

John Halsey
www.semra.org
[email protected]
yeah i called him those are 12s looking for 17s. im waiting on another guy to get back with but im might just get the 17s from him.
he told me if i put an oversized rotor and caliper and use a stock hub that it would break the hub. is this possible. when the front rim stock is 17.

·
Registered
337 Posts
he told me if i put an oversized rotor and caliper and use a stock hub that it would break the hub. is this possible. when the front rim stock is 17.
Very possible...I believe Cam has witnessed this happen. The amount of braking force due to hard braking on pavement especially with oversized braking components is just too much for certain stock hubs. Your bike is one of those...I believe it has 3 tabs.

Steven

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very possible...I believe Cam has witnessed this happen. The amount of braking force due to hard braking on pavement especially with oversized braking components is just too much for certain stock hubs. Your bike is one of those...I believe it has 3 tabs.

Steven
yes it does , have 3 tabs

·
Registered
310 Posts
ti short for titanium.

light, and strong.
yet for the price and hardware availability i would suggest stainless steel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts