SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its official the MiniGP demo races are back for the AMA Honda Super Cycle races 2008.

August 1, 2, 3.
Mid-Ohio Sportscar Course, Lexington Oh.
$75 gets you 2 weekend passes with pit area:thumbup:
Riders must be 10 years or older (this is a Mid-Ohio insurance rule) all forms will be emailed from USMGP after you register.

Details for speed reg will be up soon via usmgp.com or i'll post a link as soon as I have the final details.

Pre Reg racers only! You cannot pay at the gate to race minis PERIOD:boxing:

All bikes leaving the mini pits are will not be under power, push only, trailer etc....

Any MiniGP demo bikes caught riding around will be confiscated by the Mid-Ohio staff and held until Sunday night......

The track layout will be modified from the 07 configuration for a bit more rider safety. The pits will be on the south side so that the spectators traveling the road on the north side of the skid pad can have a great view;)

stay tuned for more info:thumbup:

·
Registered
657 Posts
All bikes leaving the mini pits are will not be under power, push only, trailer etc....

Any MiniGP demo bikes caught riding around will be confiscated by the Mid-Ohio staff and held until Sunday night......
So, if I decide to come out to participate in the demo days, I can't ride my bike around after our event is done? I can't ride to different parts of the track to watch the races or grab lunch? NO THANKS! I'll pass on demo days and just buy a ticket, show up to watch the AMA guys and have a good time with friends. Sounds like a load of crap that Chuck is trying to pull after last year. 1000+ bikes, 1 incident and us mini riders get the blame. No witnesses to the alleged incident, but we are the only ones to suffer. I called BS on the incident last year and was accussed of being the one who "jumped into the crowd", but nobody had any evidence. Bite me.

Have fun at the races everyone and make sure to bring another bike to ride so you don't ride your "demo" bike after the allotted time.

I will go anywhere to support the sport, but this is too much. I am a team player who will go out of his way to help anyone at anytime, but this is not the way to treat volunteers, who show-up and ride for the fun of it.

See you guys at a real racetrack soon,

Dan

Let the flames begin.........................

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rule at Mid-Ohio is any motorized vehical must be licensed. Just because people ride around on pitbikes does not make it right. Its not a circus. This has been the rule for as long as I have attended MO and thats been 14 years running now. I used to go to the ARHMA East event...... this rule is broken all the time.......... It does not mean it is right.

Hey Bring your licensed ZUMA scooter and ride it around:infrandom

The purpose of this event is to promote miniGP racing and to be as professional as possible while doing so. This is not about being at a miniGP race event, this is a promotional race to show people a watered down version of what happens when clubs like:

CAMRA
OYL
USMGP
SEMRA (holding a national MiniGP event the same weekend, see the stickie)!
SEPRA
TSMMR
etc............hold MiniGP racing on full sized kart tracks, this gives clubs an oppertunity to talk with potential future racers in person.......... www.minigpx.com for more listings of mini race clubs where "you" can go to "really race";)

RedBull is where two of our local kids should be racing in the next 1-2 years, Tyler and Harrison. Those two kids surely don't want this oppertunity to be a bad experience for anyone involved.

Redbull/Mid-Ohio does not want any negative issues nor do I. RedBull is part of what we are doing!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Lets all take a deep breath, exhale slowly, relaxe. Nobody is pointing fingers at you:)

Chuck from USMGP is the promoter, and the STAFF at MO was on his case bad about a few things. Once again they have asked "us" to be there for "them" again in 08! We are guests, we want nothing other than to provide a positive atmosphere while promoting our sport. Chuck was in a lot of peoples face about that incedent, he even addressed a large group of us about what proportedly happened........ Some people might have taken it a bit to personnal? Oh and the MO staff was very close to booting us all out in masse just to prove they don't want any BS happening from "their personal guests"!!!!

"We" have to be on our best behavior to represent our sport.:pimp:

PS: No Alcohol is to be open/consumed in our track area!!! Again MO was pissed at a few individuals. They are taking action this year if anyone breaks the rules:eek: you wanna adult soda drink it in our staging/camping area or where they allow you to drink.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just like Teddy said... your mini has to have a license on the back in order for it to be legal to ride around outside of the "Demo" event. The 1st year this event took place, I rode my NSR around the Honda pits trying to get Jake Zemke and Miguel Duhamel to sign my tank. I didn't know we were not allowed to ride them around, but nobody said anything to me. Last year they were strict about it and kept my NSR in the pits and I had no problem with that.

I'll be there helping out this year, not sure if I'll race, but I'll bring my NSR to show off and help promote the sport, get new riders and all that good stuff.

I think this year at Mid Ohio will be a good time, we have a bunch of people helping out that are into the sport and will make it the best that we can.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ding Ding your correct Brian, But it has to be a licensed, registered, insured motorcycle, DO NOT JUST HANG A PLATE OFF THE BACK of your mini racer.

The working Mid-Ohio staff has been given rules pertaining to "us" and we have special colored wrist bands........ Please do not take this a bad thing. Its a good thing. We need positive support in living color at the event:thumbup:

CHUCK has established an onsite support staff to keep things organized, Chuck is the contact for information reguarding this event. The group of individuals that have been in contact directly with Chuck S. will be the people running the event in August.

Heres a link to Chuck's thread at cycle forums http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=292296

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
How is the security. I mean if I want to go watch a race is my bike going to be gone when I get back?

Do we have to tote all our stuff from the big parking lot to the track area or do we get to park near the mini track. Dragging a cooler, bike easy up, few chairs, tool box, gas and anything else from the parking lot will be tough.

I need to get my suspension done quick!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You get to park south just outside the skid pad area, special parking/camping for "us" only:thumbup: Very safe:arsenal not 100% as nothing is....... Oh there is also a special gate for "us" only.

Things are gonna be diff this year:bike:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Registration

IF you are planning on coming to this event I know you probably want to wait to register but in this case that is not the thing to do. We need to confirm with Mid-Ohio the amount of racers coming so the sooner the better inthis case. So please register asap. Also, there are only so many positions open and tickets available for this so it is kind of on a first come first serve basis.:thumbup::D
Thanks
Chuck

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:thumbup:

I'm just waiting on the kids paper work to arrive for final details and i'll have it back to you ASAP

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Alright I'm signed up! Found a room in Mansfield and used points to pay for it.

Is there a link for a rule book? So I can make sure my bike is wired every where it needs to be.

I'm still not sure if I'm motard A or B.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your bike will meets every tech inspection there no problem!

I'm not sure exactly about "rules" regarding A&B classes. I think you'll just be in the FAST group which should be group A.

Things will change a tad at the event. It always does, mostly so we can put on the best display for those interested in trying out this sport or getting their KIDS out racing at an early age:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'm going to try and get done with work on Thur so I can come down Friday, but the place I'm at is a hole, so it could take the 2 weeks they gave me to finish both machines.

We will see Tarolee is taking Friday off so she can take the dog to the sitters(or kennel is we have too) and so she is home when I'm ready to leave.

I got a room at the Holiday inn is Mansfield if the kids want to hit the pool.

·
Registered
56 Posts
A vs B

A vs B : You are correct Teddy. If we do not get many more registrations we could change it. It will be a decision to made during the riders meeting.
Chuck

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
USMGP won't load for some reason. Can you tell me the displacement regulations for the modified motard class?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Okay

Mike:
Go to www.speedreg.com and register. We are running under Ohio YSR rules. But any bike can run in this event. Go to www.ohioysr.org to check out classes. But as I say anything is allowed. We just want the racers there and to have a good time and meet soem new people.
Chuck

1 - 20 of 110 Posts