SuperMoto Junkie banner

metalic rattle at high rpm on my 08 wr250x

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  thorfox 
#1 ·
as the title says when i am about 3/4's the way to the rev limiter on my wrx i am hearing a metallic rattle as if one of my back foot pegs is shaking around or my exhaust is rattling against something or maybe the insert adapter for my fmf pc4. i have checked all the bolts i can get to without taking the tank off and i cant find anything that is loose.

i read some where the 08's have a rubber band type thing on the stock rear sprocket that "makes more noise than it prevents". maybe this is it? it sounds like its coming from the rear or engine of the bike.

anybody experienced this?

mods:
fmf power programmer
fmf powercore 4 (no silicone on the insert but i highly doubt that is the culprit with how loud the rattling noise is)
air box door off
exup, ais, and flapper removed

Discussion starter · #3 ·
The 08 has a black rubber surrounding the rear sprocket. mine squeaks at full throttle and when I push the bike in neutral. That could be your problem.
ill be changing the rear sprocket to a 47 tooth in a week or two with a new 112 link chain. i will report back after i install them if the problem persists or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.