SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have two Vertemati (S 570 E and S501) and one(S 501) to metal shavings in the oil. What parts are to change? A connecting rod of 600 is the same that a connecting rod from 501? :headscrat
In france (I am french) no answer, nobody knows?:clap:
Excuse me for my carving :bowdown:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Henrika,
Metal shavings in the oil may mean big end bearing wear, or just gear box chaffing. Depending on age of engine and amount of use and type of use, i.e SM race severe on con rods than S570E on normal road use..
Keep a check on oil level between races ( 800 -900 ml) and after every road run.
All Vert rods from 2001 are the same, (450, 501, 570 and 600 ), as are big end bearings.
I have a SR450, SR600, MX501, 570, S501, E501.
If you need any parts I can suggest where you can get them. Most still available.

Regards

Arnie

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
metal shavings = bad

haha

·
Registered
111 Posts
Henrika,
Metal shavings in the oil may mean big end bearing wear, or just gear box chaffing. Depending on age of engine and amount of use and type of use, i.e SM race severe on con rods than S570E on normal road use..
Keep a check on oil level between races ( 800 -900 ml) and after every road run.
All Vert rods from 2001 are the same, (450, 501, 570 and 600 ), as are big end bearings.
I have a SR450, SR600, MX501, 570, S501, E501.
If you need any parts I can suggest where you can get them. Most still available.

Regards

Arnie
I think that you will find that the 450cc Vertemati has not only a smaller bore, but a shorter stroke than all other Vertemati displacements. This means that the con rod is the same for the 500/501/570/600 cc engines....but the 450cc uses a shorter con rod length.

You can research this by looking up the engine specs on the Vertemati website, and/or by checking the Con rod part numbers and discriptions in the Vertemati parts manuals.

:bowdown:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hmmm

Metal shavings in the oil is never a good thing, but may not be as serious as you think. Before tearing it to bits, look at the clutch plates. The dogs on the outside get burred over when they rattle around in the clutch basket and the burrs eventually come adrift and float around in the oil. Found this in my 570. Cleaned up the edges of the clutch plates and the job was sorted. Hope you find the problem either way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rods on the 450 are the same as all others. Crank pin is repositioned on the crank web closer to the centre, in the same way as the 640 was made further out from the position of the 500/570/600. I have fitted them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts