SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
pssst.... Garconis..

jeans and tennies, are not full gear..

Nice bike, good upper body gear. Be good to yourself and get some good riding pants and boots.

enjoy, scott

·
Registered
599 Posts
jeans and sneakers. LOL

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have a pair of Sidi road race boots that fit nicely under jeans, and there are a few companies out there making riding jeans which hold up to the asphalt a little better. Look at the Icon ones on Motostrano's web site, they are pretty cool.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice photos.

I would agree that jeans are not-optimal.

I do ride with jeans when I go to work (commuting, 15 minutes, in the city, stoplights everywhere, barely get to go over 30 mph) but I switch to my Aerostich or my Alpinestars Cargo pants (with knee pads) if I plan to do anything more than just commuting.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah, you must be one tall dude, your dwarfing the bike. I'm 6'2" and barely stratal the 690 flat footed? dang.

Do get some boots, you'll be happy when your ankles aren't squished.

Nice jacket.

*edit
One more thing, what mirrors are you using? Those look good.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yea when sitting on my bike I have to be on the tip of my toes when the bike is straight up and I'm 5' 11.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, you must be one tall dude, your dwarfing the bike. I'm 6'2" and barely stratal the 690 flat footed? dang.

Do get some boots, you'll be happy when your ankles aren't squished.

Nice jacket.

*edit
One more thing, what mirrors are you using? Those look good.
I am 6'2" and 170lbs. Note that my one foot is on the footpeg, so thats kind of why I can flatfoot the other one. Usually I need to be on my tippy-toes if both feet are on the ground.

The suspension is set to whatever it was when I first got it.

As for the mirror, I took of the stock ones (though the mounts are still there), and am using the DualStar mirror on the left side of the bars.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts