SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
2011 Schedule at Sandyhook Speedway

March 19, April 30, May 14, June 4, June 25, July 16, July 30, August 6, August 20, September 17, October 8, November 5, 12, 19, 29

cost $48 per Rider, $5 gate fee person or $10 per car.
Classes
Youth- ages 5-12 novice
max engine
50cc two
110 four

F1- ages 13 and up or approved
max engine
50cc two
110 four
auto scooter 70cc two and 150cc four

F2- ages 13 and up or approved
max engine
72cc two
150cc air cooled four
F3 - ages 13 and up or approved
max engine
85cc two
150cc water cooled four
F2 and F3 would run at the same time until there is enough F3 bikes, we are not going to push the F3 class but there might be a few.
Track day schedule
gate open at 8am
practice from 9:30-12pm
4 rotations of pricitce
youth 15 minutes
F1 15 minutes
F2 15 minutes
12pm-12:45pm lunch
12;45pm to 1pm drivers meeting
1:30pm -4pm heats

Go to Sandyhookspeedway.com

Facebook at Maryland Mini Moto

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I propose an F3 rule change in line with the AMA Supermini rules.

112cc 2-strokes
150cc 4-strokes

That way maybe us 2-stroke guys can have a fighting chance against all those damned 150Rs! :D
Hey, I don't recall you being any closer to those 150's when you had your 105 kit :lol:

·
Registered
58 Posts
your generator would cost more than i payed originally for my KTM. what have you done to your front forks? do they dive alot under brakes. i see you have the moto-master of berigers on the 17's.

i like it how with all the money spent on the bikes, you use a weights plate as the tent anchor.

does the steering dampener make your riding better. (lap times)

·
Registered
734 Posts
The weight plates I use for work (land surveyor) to rest on my tripod legs on windy days. They just happen to work really well for holding down the canopy. :D

The forks do dive a little on really hard braking. I could dial in more compression damping, but the bike feels pretty good to me as is. Braking is one area that I've been working on. I've been concentrating on NOT braking so much and just carrying more corner speed. That's the biggest lesson learned for me so far with the 2-stroke, you have to carry corner speed and stay on the pipe. Unlike the 150Rs and the other 4-strokes that can just motor out of corners, ours need RPM and momentum. This is my first season racing, so every time out I'm learning and learning. This is all new to me. You'll find that gearing is critical, too. One or two teeth on the rear can make a real difference.

The forks and shock have been sprung for my weight (200 lbs.) and revalved for supermoto (i.e. jumps). The suspension tuner asked specifically if this was a pavement only bike or if it was going to see dirt sections, too. He sets them up differently.

I went with the damper because when I started this project last summer I wasn't sure if I was going to go with 12s or 17s. I already had a damper (shared with my street bike) and I was taking the frame down to bare metal to prime and paint it. The damper mount is a weld-on deal, so it was the perfect time to do it while I had a bare frame. Honestly, with the 17s the bike is pretty stable and I'm not sure it's necessary. With 12s, I would absolutely want the damper.

And yes, that generator was as much as I paid for my bike initially. But it also runs the refrigerator when the power goes out, the tire warmers on my big bike and most importantly, the microwave in my work truck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wonderful pictures of bike racers and all the mini bikes are awesome and all the pictures are very nice, it is too difficult to take a shots in motion, but here all the shots are very clear and sharp to view, its really nice action shots, i like it very much, thanks for sharing beautiful pictures.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ahh it's been awhile since I've been to this site..
I bought my Son an XR50..Setting it up for Sandy Hook and NJminiGP

1 - 14 of 14 Posts