SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I am looking into purchasing a 01 Wr 426 and was wondering if Wr's are easily made street legal ? I am from NC found the bike on craigslist Im eager to get my first Sumo but want to make sure I do not get ahead of myself and get something that I cant even be on the road with . Any help is appreciated guys I just need some info on the process of getting it legal and The $ I may have to put into it to do so . Thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Hello all I am looking into purchasing a 01 Wr 426 and was wondering if Wr's are easily made street legal ? I am from NC found the bike on craigslist Im eager to get my first Sumo but want to make sure I do not get ahead of myself and get something that I cant even be on the road with . Any help is appreciated guys I just need some info on the process of getting it legal and The $ I may have to put into it to do so . Thanks :thumbup:
Not sure about your state laws, but making one street legal takes about $60 and maybe an hour. Extremely easy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks was your Wr's already titled or did you have to do it yourself ? Im worried about having to have some sort of proof of ownership since its a craigslist find and not from a dealer

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where do I need to start if I buy the bike ? Theres no title or anything in order to get it inspected/titled do I need to run VIN numbers to prove its not stolen ? I have also read that its almost impossible to to title an offroad use only bike are Wr's an exception ? Sorry for all the questions I am new to this and have no experience or know how to get a bike road legal besides the obvious accesories needed to make it road worthy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Where do I need to start if I buy the bike ? Theres no title or anything in order to get it inspected/titled do I need to run VIN numbers to prove its not stolen ? I have also read that its almost impossible to to title an offroad use only bike are Wr's an exception ? Sorry for all the questions I am new to this and have no experience or know how to get a bike road legal besides the obvious accesories needed to make it road worthy :rolleyes:
No worries. Pm me about the details...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts