SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Not new to riding in any sense, but I am new to SM!

A little about me.. I've been riding in one form or another since I was about 12. Dirtbikes, cycles, minibikes, etc. My dirtbike era ended when I was about 15 due to the property I rode on being sold. Sold the YZ, but kept my '74 Yama DT125a enduro (still have it just need to work on it). Years went by, and I got my dad's 83 yamaha Virago since he was buying a big HD ultra classic. Got rid of that and bought a 1200 sportster and put as much chrome on it as i could and did some screaming eagle mods. But.. I dunno it just didn't feel right to me. The ride didn't feel right. I tried forward controls, different handlebars.. something was just missing. I love my harley, but my 60 mile round trip commute was not as enjoyable as I had hoped.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago..I had the itch to get a new bike. I was pretty convinced I wanted a dual sport and remembered my friend talking about suzuki having a supermoto version. Did some research on it, and that is how I come across this place as well as thumper talk! I started reading up on what I could here, went to the manufacturers sites and looked at all their versions of a supermoto to decide what I liked.

After doing a little research, I bought a new '09 wr250x. I opted for the '09 instead of the 11, because of price. Better deal to be had on 2 year old bike! My first choice would have been the suzuki 400sm, but I had discovered they haven't made one since '09 and there are no new ones in my area. Pretty popular bike it seems. Sure I could get used ones all day, but I wanted new and the wrx seemed to be a good fit for me and my commute :)

The bike is amazing and so much fun. It has filled that void my Harley never could. It is still completely stock and there will not be much I will do to it until my 1yr factory warranty runs out next june. It is my commuter, after all. I have to protect my investment somewhat. :) I sure have been researching the heck out of everything I want to do, though! My sporty is still going to be utilized, but it will be for the scenic rides, poker runs, etc. As much as I have been riding my wrx lately, we will see how long that lasts :)

Sorry for the lengthy post, just wanted to give a proper introduction. Bear with me if I have a lot of "dumb" questions (and I am sure I will ask some). Just know that I tried to find the answer myself before I asked the question :) This is not my first trip on a forum..I am well aware of the etiquette.

Cheers!

Morph LaSalle Co. IL

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Welcome to the clan.. We are a bit dysfunctional and a little loud...but in truth we like it that way. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts