SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Cool, do you live in Kansas, Oklahoma or somewhere like that?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have to say the way you clutch with your hand is weird, and while shifting trough the gears there is really no need for the clutch plus makes it much smoother in my opinion.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Unless you clutch like a sloth, there's no difference in the smoothness of shifting in a wheelie. It's not really necessary to clutch while shifting like that but it won't make any difference in how smooth the shift is. Plus it's not like it's a bad habit by any means.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah clutching through the gears in a wheelie is just always how i've done it. it's almost uncomfortable now to me if i don't use it. this was shot in central, il so i have some pretty open area haha

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you go a little higher you wont have to open/close the throttle as much as you do now. But before you do that wear some gear :rolleyes2:

Yes this is me with full leather on crashing with 30-35miles an hour.

http://i.imgur.com/HwbI57d.jpg

Off topic, but how did you manage to scrape your neck up like that? I figure the thickness of the helmet would keep the top of your neck from scraping.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Off topic, but how did you manage to scrape your neck up like that? I figure the thickness of the helmet would keep the top of your neck from scraping.
Tree or sign post if i had to guess... Been there done that :anim_peep:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Bike hit a lightpole, then I slide right into the bike breaking the windscreen (sportbike) with my shoulder and the broken off windscreen scrapes my whole neck up till my helmet. Other then that I had a dislocated shoulder and after 3 weeks I still cant sleep without pain medication.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks! .. the more and more i use it the more i like it, but i am still getting comfortable with it. i'll post another video later tonight

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
check it out i made a new wheelie vid .. be sure to wait till the last one that one for sure is the best! thanks for all the advice you can tell that i am getting much closer to that coveted balance point.

http://youtu.be/MHYtVKjXFgU

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Still chasing it but you are getting better. You shouldnt be able to see over the bars at BP on a dizzer. Learn how to use the rear brake. Put a big toe on it and gently press it when you thing you are getting close to going over. Or put a finger on your rear brake setup and feather it that way. Fine adjustments of rear brake are what will keep you at the BP since throttle adjustments can upset the suspension when at BP. Once you learn how to feather the rear brake wheelies will pretty much last as long as you want to keep em up :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts