SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess Saturday they are having to use the track for parking. Does anyone know about the possibility of practice on Sunday? Thanks!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually I guess Pat's Acres is going both days too. Dirt not open yet though. Does very many people ride there? Will I be the only guy there, or is there usually a good turnout there for practice to make it fun?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Watching the weather---

Has anyone been to Pat's recently? Are there too many mossy areas to do a good ride?
Hey Jim,
Kevin was riding out there last weekend for a bit before some mechanical difficulties. He hadn't mentioned any moss problems. If the weather holds out , I'm riding . I havent been out since fall.

Pats is a great track Jeremy, I'll head out with you if the weather holds.:D You get your tires??? -Tom

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup! I am the proud owner of some new soft compound Dunlops! Hopefully no more sliding on my face! The pics of Pat's look great. I am shooting for Sunday I think. Looks like so far on the forecast that it the only day with no rain, just cloudy. We will see. I just wanted to make sure There would be people there to ride with. That would be awesome to meet up! Hope to catch you there Tom!

·
Registered
579 Posts
i am going to try to make it out. my rear tire is pretty toast though did not plan on such nice weather this early going to have to order new tires for the season alot earlier then expected.:thumbup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just moved up here from san diego i cant wait to get back out on the track. What do I need to do to be able to run.

Kyle

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yup! I am the proud owner of some new soft compound Dunlops! Hopefully no more sliding on my face! The pics of Pat's look great. I am shooting for Sunday I think. Looks like so far on the forecast that it the only day with no rain, just cloudy. We will see. I just wanted to make sure There would be people there to ride with. That would be awesome to meet up! Hope to catch you there Tom!
Sweet, I do like the dunlops too.
Yea, My wife is letting me have the whole day sunday to myself to do whatever I please. Its my B-day present. So if the weather is cooperating I plan to ride.
So mac is not open sunday too ??

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I heard Mac was up in the air. Supposedly Saturday there is a Gardening show there and they need the track for parking (as told to me by the lady at the fairgrounds). Sunday she could not give me an answer on. There is one more phone number that I need to try. I would like to check out Pat's but Chris there told me the dirt isn't open yet. I have yet to ride on dirt (with slicks), so it is maybe a little tempting to do Mac Track if the dirt is going. The dirt is the only thing that will keep me from looking like a total squid!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya, i dont think i will take my chances in the rain either. It will be cool to see you there. Unfortunately Brett has to work this weekend, but we are both planning on attending Winter Blast the weekend of the 8th(I believe). Sounds like a fun time. Brett just ordered a bunch of Aprilia VDB parts to make his bike a little less cumbersome on the track. Should be really awesome when he is done. He got different exhaust to try and shed some weight. At 280lbs that SXV is kind of a tank. He at one point was considering getting rid of it and converting his Honda like I did. Should be interesting. He is really bummed to be missing out this weekend.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hahahah, That's awesome! I will be sure to tell him that. That is very flattering. Brett's father was a professional motocrosser back in the day, so I think it's in his DNA. Brett has a Ducati 999R that he has ridden a PIR several times. He was doing 1:17's there, which I hear is good for a guy with only experience from riding on the street in town for a year. I pushed him into doing Supermoto because I thought he would do well and maybe help me as well in the process. He was actually really disappointed that he wasnt as fast as Ryan Pugh, and was beating himself up pretty bad over it. Kinda funny.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts