SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't believe it but as I was on my way to get a new inspection sticker on my Husky after it being apart all winter I dumped the bike going about 20mph right in the middle of an intersection. I was making a left hander at the light and forgot I was on new rubber as I stayed on the gas, damn slick as snot.

Axle sliders took all the force except I broke off my shifter end piece, picked it up out the middle of the intersection and stashed it in my pocket. When I got to the bike shop for the inspection they did a neat little weld job on the shifter and I'm back in business. You shoulda seen the cagers eyes as I got up, dusted off my butt and proceeded to pick up my bike.

Gotta remember to scrub in them new tires. :hammer: Doh

·
Registered
201 Posts
:laughingr Way to represent the sport Goose:thumbup:
As if we don't look strange enough around here ripping around on dirtbikes with little wheels, you go "stunt-man" thru a crowded intersection:laughingr

They were probably thinking," I hope that kid is okay." You should have taken off your helmet and really blowed their mind.:lol:

Glad you're okay:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Now cut it out, or you're gonna be all gimped up like me.

:hammer:

·
Registered
573 Posts
I had a hell of a low side on my DRZ before I put the 17's on there. Was flying through an intersection, turning left, and next thing I know I'm sliding like superman on the ground. People were freakin out and screaming. I made sure I could still shift gears and got the eff out of there before the cops got there.

Biggest thing that pissed me off was that I ripped a hole in my fav jeans, but they're kind of stylish now and I have a good story behind the hole :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
i did the same thing on my GSXR600 this past summer... was taking the Seaford Oyster Bay on ramp by Jericho TPKE (for those of you from LI) and hit it doing about 35, 40.... downshifted hard and leaned into the turn and the front just went out in a split sec.... i ended up sliding about 10yards across the pavement hitting the curb both me and the bike airborn after the curb and landing in the bushes! I got up and my sliders saved the bike but i was thrashed! jeans were sean john ones and they got melted away like a hot knife on butter, along with my knees!! was covered in thorns and shit. I just started my day at 445am on my way to work. It was friday, so worked all day all fucked up and then had to drive to RI in a thunderstorm. I made it all the way... again, you shoulda seen those damn cages look at me get up and just take off!! i was in the bushes for about a min or two before i realized what happened and then i ran to save my bike!! everyone thought i was dead after i hit that curb and went 5 feet in the air!! ahahaha :arsenal

·
Registered
97 Posts
Biggest thing that pissed me off was that I ripped a hole in my fav jeans, but they're kind of stylish now and I have a good story behind the hole :)
haha i still where the jeans i lowslid my sv650 in, a few safty pins and your good to go:thumbup:

·
Registered
966 Posts
New tires suck. :( Way to dust yourself off and try again :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
glad to hear you were not hurt. :)

about 4 years ago a kid around here took his bike to the shop for new tires. when he left, the shop guy told him "be careful son, those new tires are gonna be slick for a while". the kid rolled his eyes, flipped his visor down and was dead less than a minute later. he went into a curve, lost traction, and got run over by a truck.

·
Registered
137 Posts
"about 4 years ago a kid around here took his bike to the shop for new tires. when he left, the shop guy told him "be careful son, those new tires are gonna be slick for a while". the kid rolled his eyes, flipped his visor down and was dead less than a minute later. he went into a curve, lost traction, and got run over by a truck."

Thats a terrible story!!

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
I saw Goose today and all I could say was,

Thank God the bike's allright!!!:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts