SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, long story short, I lost my gas tank and fuel pump in a flood a few weeks ago (gas tank was under my house and it floated away). Anyways its an 08 Husky SMR 510. My dealer says about 4 weeks to get the parts in...and about $800.00...

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on getting parts quicker then that? From what I've learned there are no other manufacturers of that fuel pump so I think I might be stuck waiting out the four weeks...this blows...:headshake

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
just went and did a quick search on the net for parts for you, and didn't find shizzzznit... Man that's depressing, but if you take a bit of time i bet you could find what you need on the net. Sorry I could not be more help.

Old Dog.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for responding guys, I looked all over the internet too and came up empty. I'm going to make the call today to fast by Feracci and get the ball rolling... Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot Craigs, I called fugis and he doesn't have anything for the fuel injected bikes. I also called that place in California and the problem is they only sell the fuel pump component. I lost the whole gas tank which has quite a bit more in it then just the fuel pump, I do appreciate the link though :thumbup:.

Reason the tank was off the bike is I had my bike in my kitchen over winter and it started smelling like gas in the house... This is a nightmare...I just wanna ride!!! :rant:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Should be easy to find a cheap used OEM tank since so many people have installed larger IMS tanks. Used fuel pump assemblies, that'll be tough or impossible.

One longshot is that an Aprilia SVX fuel pump is similar as I recall. Similar enough to go on a Husky? That I don't know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JLK!! If this works out I'm gonna be so happy man!! I just hit him up, I really appreciate your help man!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
jlk_250 is the man. He has helped me out more than once.:thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks man im gonna check them out. This deal on cafe husky worked out perfect tho, I got the fuel pump ($450) and a 3 gallon ims gas tank ($275) for $370 shipped from canada. Thanks again man!

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
^^^:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Glad it worked out man.

Maybe this was a sign. Your Supermoto guardian angel is bored and wants you to get that damn bike back together and ride it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts