SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have noticed my kick stand getting pretty loose, i cut the auto spring bit off the factory bolt, other than that havent touched it aside from tightening it now and then. never removed the whole thing. seems the actual kick stand has a shitload of space to move, makes the bike sit way over. anyone have any ideas? i'm thinking about figuring out a washer or something maybe to take up the slack

·
Banned
900 Posts
so i have noticed my kick stand getting pretty loose, i cut the auto spring bit off the factory bolt, other than that havent touched it aside from tightening it now and then. never removed the whole thing. seems the actual kick stand has a shitload of space to move, makes the bike sit way over. anyone have any ideas? i'm thinking about figuring out a washer or something maybe to take up the slack

dont worry
my 610 does the same thing
and has for a long while

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yes my 510 stand came loose. the 2 bolts that hold the perch which the kickstand it mounted to. My came loose then bent the metal perch that holds the kickstand. Bought a new one and used different bolts since those were bent too. I think it cost me like 15 - 25 bucks..

·
Registered
696 Posts
check the screws that go from the kick stand pivot bracket to the frame...mine were loose
Yup :Funny: mine too, loctight everything !!!
I noticed some chain wear at the same time, the roller guide
is on the back of the bracket. It wore my chain slider a bit.
No big deal, if you catch it before it is to late.

07 510 SMR :thumbup:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry, should have mentioned its a 610, the kickstand mount is part of the frame. nothing bent, just loose, if its not a big deal for greenpea, not a big deal for me!

·
Registered
656 Posts
The kickstand pivot is hardly a high tech bit of engineering. If it needs a shim washer to tighten it up then have at it.

I had to do the same thing to my brand new Kawi Z1000. It was hyper sloppy right off the get go.

On the other hand my 510 is still nice and tight.

·
Registered
113 Posts
stock kickstand bolts are crapola and a hair too short, replaced them, locktited them, no problem since.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
yeah mine is loose too... i was also assured by pea. the first time i met the guy he looks down at my bike grabs my kickstand, wiggles it says yep, and went about his way...

i do keep checking it anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts