SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike is a 2008 KTM 690 SMC, around 2k miles, looks clean but I've yet to see it in person. Pipe, ECU flash. How much is reasonable to pay for that bike?
I want it, but don't HAVE to have it.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
The bike is a 2008 KTM 690 SMC, around 2k miles, looks clean but I've yet to see it in person. Pipe, ECU flash. How much is reasonable to pay for that bike?
I want it, but don't HAVE to have it.
6-7 or so , depends on how clean and all . I expect the SMC's are going to be harder and harder to come by because ktm is not exporting them anymore . So if you find one that you like you better jump on it .

·
Registered
571 Posts
I bought my 08 690 smc in October 2010 for $6,500 with about 4k miles on it.
It was the only used one I could locate at the time. The new ones (still '08 models)I saw were $10,000+ out the door.
They are indeed rare
Very happy with it
Good luck

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Stop looking and start buying!

And you are wrong..... You NEED one of these bikes!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
DO IT.

I rode a GS1200 today - couldnt beleive how I didn't enjoy it - just wanted to be in the 690.

Actually - I'll be on it soon! Romp around Panama City, Panana on the 690 tonight.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Rode one last week. Would buy one.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is 2011 Husky 630 SMS for sale from a local place, new for $6k. KTM asking price is $7k... decisions decisions!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Here she is. Paid for but I had no way to ride her home, so I won't be able to ride till Wednesday. 2011 brand new with 0 miles for less $ won over.

·
Registered
546 Posts

Here she is. Paid for but I had no way to ride her home, so I won't be able to ride till Wednesday. 2011 brand new with 0 miles for less $ won over.
Did you even test ride it first? Granted, I didn't with my KTM 690 SMC, but that's because I had to order it before they even got them, to secure one (it was a launch-day one).

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did not ride this one, but I rode 630 and 610 some time ago.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts