SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in the KTM/Husqvarna forums for the past couple years. The 2 companies listed on this site as "Site Sponsors" have been the only two company's I've worked with on specific SM set ups or parts.

One of them hasn't responded to posts in a while. I've tried on here, their email and phone and no luck. Looks like they are focusing on the motobike or electric bike, scooter craze going on in the big, greenie cities.

So I'm looking for some suggestions on a big, reputable Moto company that has inventory, product knowledge with reasonable prices. Any suggestions?

Cycle Gear is decent because they have stores in a lot of states, but I don't like their house brands. And they don't do a ton of stuff around the SM market.

Rizoma has some cool parts but not all of their stuff fits KTM or Husky bikes. And a lot of parts are outdated. I used them to get grips and mirrors for a Ducati and it was nice stuff, but pricey. If someone knows differently, let me know. I'd love to get some mirrors or mirror for the new 701S.

KTM / Husqvarna have a great parts page but trying to find certain products without specific part numbers can be a headache. And they carry some "after market" parts but it's made by them, usually. I know there are 3rd parties who can make better stuff for those bikes.

I've liked RevZilla because they were a small outfit owned by a few guys before they were bought or merged with CG. They are supposed to operate separately, we'll see. But they are passionate about all bikes and Anthony's product reviews on YouTube are second to none. They have at least 1 guy on staff who rides SM so I email him and get a reply within 24-48 hours. He's been helpful on specific product requests I've made. And free shipping on stuff over about $40 with 1 free return is pretty awesome. I've bought some high priced products like jackets and gloves and haven't had a problem yet, but usually I can see much of it first by riding over to CG. Neither company has real sales, but that's not their thing.

So.......I know I'm missing some big companies or really good regional shops with a excellent online website, easy to order, offers parts and products for 2015-2016 model year SM bikes, etc.

Thanks for your posts.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great suggestions. The first thing I wanted were axle sliders and toxic had the Slide brand on top and they're exact what I was looking for. It's a little pricey for sliders but I like how far they come out.

What's your opinion on frame sliders if all 4 axles are covered? It is overkill? Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
I go to chapparall often, its a great store that has an unbelievable inventory, but they don't know shit about supermoto, you are looking for a unicorn, do you not see that our sport is too small for there to be a " big, reputable Moto company that has inventory, product knowledge with reasonable prices"......... if this were easy every idiot would be doing it, you need to search out whatever parts you deem necessary, you may need to do some trial and error, sometimes things don't work, that's part of what makes supermoto the outlaw sport that it is, no one holds you by the hand and says here is everything you need, you need to become your own expert on your bike

·
Registered
172 Posts
I go to chapparall often, its a great store that has an unbelievable inventory, but they don't know shit about supermoto, you are looking for a unicorn, do you not see that our sport is too small for there to be a " big, reputable Moto company that has inventory, product knowledge with reasonable prices"......... if this were easy every idiot would be doing it, you need to search out whatever parts you deem necessary, you may need to do some trial and error, sometimes things don't work, that's part of what makes supermoto the outlaw sport that it is, no one holds you by the hand and says here is everything you need, you need to become your own expert on your bike
Ha ya. I go to chaparral every so often. It's nice because it's like Walmart for motorcycle stuff. Slim to none in the supermoto department. Employees are basically equivalent to McDonald's workers and don't know anything about bike stuff. The only thing I've found that was supermoto related was my EBC 320 SM contour front brake kit, and the box looked like it was kicked around storage for the past 6 years and when I got home it was missing some hardware.. I told the guy I had a Ca plated wr450 and I tried buying an exhaust and he said he couldn't find any FMF exhausts listed for street use and I needed a catalytic converter to be legal and wouldn't sell me one.....:lol:

I only go there for riding gear now since they are the only place to carry such a big selection of all the brands in stock to look at in person.

Best place for SM parts is online....Also this place is in San Diego and is a big husky dealer. I used to buy all my hard to find SM parts for my smr510 from them. They were able to order me alot of harder to get stuff for my husky that other places just scratched their heads at.

http://gpmotorcycles.com/bikes/husqvarna.php

1 - 6 of 6 Posts