SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the padded 2x4 of a seat on my YZ has finally pushed me over the edge. I currently have the SDG tall seat on there right now, which was a significant improvement over the stock seat, but it's still too narrow.

Now I know that somebody makes taller and wider seat foam, I just can't remember who. I was on their website in the fall, and figured I would shell out the money when the snow thaws. Well, I got my tax rebate burning a hole in my pocket, and I gotta spend it before the wife does!!

Anybody know who sells the TALL & WIDE seat foam (or complete seat)?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Ck with Baja Designs, I've got one of there seat kits on my XR650R that I can sit on in comfort for Hundreds & hundreds of miles in a day (off-road even).

don't know if they still sell them, but worth it to ck for your ass-sets :D

WWW.bajadesigns.com

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The search continues......

Well, I finally remember where I saw the alleged seat foam I'm looking for. According to this TT post http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-93615.html
GUTS racing made them. I knew it was an old thread, but I gave GUTS a call. Guy that answered the phone said that they NEVER made a wide seat foam for the YZ. I gave him the part number that the guy mentioned in the old post and he basically told that it doesn't exist....

Checked with Baja, nothing for the YZ...damn it.

C'mon! Somebody out there has to make this, or know of a way i can make it happen!! Help a brother out guys!!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
have your local apholstery shop skin that seat and add taller/wider foam.

In San Diego Jims auto apholstery will set you up for under 100$ custom foam and a cover to match whatever you are looking for.

SDMOTARD

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
have your local apholstery shop skin that seat and add taller/wider foam.

In San Diego Jims auto apholstery will set you up for under 100$ custom foam and a cover to match whatever you are looking for.

SDMOTARD
I agree OR get a Baja-designs seat kit for a Honda & mod it (shave it) to fit your bikes seat pan.

But the apholstey shop sounds cheaper :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts