SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Husqvarna te510
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So after years and years of wanting one, I finally pulled the trigger on a 2007 te510 (I was really looking for a 08, but the price was right) The tires are pretty shot, so I want to get new dirt tires. BUT, this is my first plated bike, so I’m also looking to buy a complete SM wheel set. Any Info is helpful, and don’t be afraid of hurting my feelings. I’m an idiot. BUT BEFORE YOU DO THAT! I plan on “doing my research” this winter. I’m a wildland firefighter so I don’t have much time to sit on my phone or computer for hours, just when I’m on the road heading to and from fires. Thanks

·
Registered
2020 KTM 500 EXC-F Six Days Supermoto Conversion
1 Posts
Check out FasterUSA and/or Warp9 for wheels. I went with FasterUSA...

·
Registered
52 Posts
It kinda depends on what you want to use the bike for with the SM wheels. If you want to jump it, stick with spokes and tubes. If you like spokes, same. If you want the old MAG look with tubeless tyres, for street riding, go Warp 9. Their website is incredibly easy to use. I have Excel/Talon spoked on my CR and they are light as hell. Less hassle with cast or forged wheels but generally heavier. Stay away from 16.5 inch fronts. Rubber is hard to find and expensive.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh... and well done on the ff activity. I was once upon a time a heli fire fighting pilot. Kudos and try to stay upwind!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 Husqvarna te510
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Ended up finding a Set of SMR510 wheels and rubber for $600. Just got delivered yesterday. Can’t wait to get home and throw them on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts