SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Where are you all being your SM rims for your bikes? I just browsed Warp9, christ they are beauty rims but a little out of my price range. Any suggestions on where to look? I've scoped Kijiji. but nothing on their. Anyone have a 2012 WR 450 setup they know of thats for sale?

thanks
chris

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Chris. depends on just how keen you are. I have a suggestion which I used to get by for a while on the street, and I still run on my track bike (97 KDX200). Take your 21-inch font, and unlace the rim. Get yourself a spoke count, and call any bike wreckers. Then ask them for an 18-inch alloy rim with no hub or spokes (generally a rear off a dirtbike) to suit your spoke count. Get yourself a new set of spokes, and relace the rim you got with your original hub. A shop can do that for you if you aren't comfortable. Then, buy yourself a set of tires to fit your 18-inch rims, and off you go. Supermoto on the cheap. That's what I do anyway, although, you still gotta run tubes. But that's no issue. Just run that until you wanna dish out on a good set of rims. Hope this helps :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts