SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I'm Junior. I just got into supermoto a few months ago and decided to sell my R6 and buy a 2011 YZ450 and supermoto it out! I haven't gone out very much since I don't know anyone who SM in the area. Just looking for some new friends who wanna ride together and talk SM!

·
Registered
721 Posts
There's a dedicated Phoenix thread on here too. It's gonna be pretty dead in terms of riding for the next few months honestly, maybe a couple early morning rides. I still ride everyday to school/work, but when it cools down, then we get some good group rides going, and usually have a group at west gate for bike night and hooliganism. Also theres a track in Tucson that has night sessions on the weekends, it even has a dedicated dirt section, it's super fun, I head down there from Chandler usually once a month or so, you definitely should check that out too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured it'd be dead since its summer. But I try to go out early in the mornings to tortilla flats for a quick session, wasn't sure if there were more guys with SM going up there. As far as Tucson's track goes, that's how I got into SM. I rented one of there little 125cc SM and rode it around the track. I'm forsure looking forward to riding it again. I'm guessing Fire Bird Raceway doesn't do supermoto?

·
Registered
721 Posts
You can ride SM there, but I've only seen like maybe 2 trackdays there a year. I've been told 2 of the 3 tracks aren't that great, and one is decent. AMP re-opened recently and has noise limitations, some dude on an Ape 450 said it's fun on a SM... idk, that track looks like 6 parallel straights to me, but you never know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Change of plans

Found a KTM Duke 2.
Traded a couple of firearms for it.
I am so happy.
Now I don't have to mess with modding the XR650R.
I am going to get my money back out of it and be down the road and happy.
:bannana:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Found a KTM Duke 2.
Traded a couple of firearms for it.
I am so happy.
Now I don't have to mess with modding the XR650R.
I am going to get my money back out of it and be down the road and happy.
:bannana:
Yo man u should post up on the thread in local rides called "supermoto in phx" that's where everyone checks I am west side phx reinforce a drz440 and will be riding a lot more in a few weeks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts