SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know it is going to be underpowered compared to the 450's, but it is sharp bike with black frame and rims. Typically I try to stay away from first model years, but, I looking to trade my wife's yfz in and want something inexpensive to try out street riding. I have always rode dirt bikes.

My question is and I understand its new, but has anyone heard anything bad or good that sticks out to them as a pro :thumbup: or con:rant:. I looking to possibly buy it this week.

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the only bad I can think of is that each dealer is only getting one.

Not that you would like to make the trip from South Carolina, but the dealer has two more in by the end of March beginning of April.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats, enjoy it!
50 degrees, cloudy, kinda windy, still had to take a 10 mile ride on mine to the grocery store a half mile away :)

R&F
If you do the math 10 mile ride = 1/2 mile + 1/2 mile??:headscrat
I think its safe to assume that you didn't bring the milk right back.:bike:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
My dealer was not supposed to get their single allotment until June. I asked them to buy one from another dealer and they did. Of course that ment I paid dearly for it, but I got what I wanted!! If you work it right and have a good relationship with your dealer, it could happen even if they are supposed to only get one.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I got one. I also have a '06 wr250f and it aint that bike but its also an ew motor and wet sump so i knew this going in. I love it though its a blast and handles like a dream. The smaller tire size really compliments the bikes power output. Bigger tires would bog it down. Bike is not a fast bike but it feels alot lighter than its stated weight. As far as first year production...its a yamaha they get it right the first go around!:thumbup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i love mine as much as my very first street bike, an '89 yamaha ysr-50. i really love this wrx!
My first street bike was a cbr 900, since then I have had only dirt bikes. I felt a street bike was going to get in real trouble so I stuck with dirt for quite a few years. Now I am older and don't know if I am any wiser but my insurance premiums a alot less.

One other thing, everyone that I had been riding with this year has wreck to the point of not wanting to ride dirt anymore. So, I went out a handfull of times after that only to be bored. I sold my crf got heavy into mountain biking and still bored. Last week I bought the WR and looking forward to the chaos with all of the other strangers on the road.:clap:

·
Registered
558 Posts
:clap:
congrats on the ride!!!
Now how do we get rid of this white stuff all over the place :hmmm:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:clap:
congrats on the ride!!!
Now how do we get rid of this white stuff all over the place :hmmm:
Thanks, hopefully with a thing called sun we can get rid of the snow. Saturday into Sunday we picked up 22 inches on top of the 10" already on the ground. Luckily the sun melted a fair share of it over Monday and part Tuesday. Soon I will be riding, till then I will just pretend.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts