SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some of the longest trips youve taken on your tard? How many miles/hours and was it highway or adv?

·
Registered
4 Posts
No multi day trips but have done a couple 300-500 mile days on the SXV.
really? i felt like i was sitting on cheese wire on mine!
i could do 150ish miles on my Berg 650 with no probs, but about 50 was about my limit on the SXV...maybe your butt is harder then mine!:hmmm:
:lol::rofl:

·
Registered
5 Posts
The first of June '11 I got a neat KTM Duke II. I've been to the Deals gap area four time since.A 350 day each time. Oh! did I say I was an Ole Fart?:hmmm:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've thought of doing a ride from Washington down to Northern Cali. But it sounds like it will be a couple day event. One way is around 750 miles. So I don't know how far I could go before having to stop and rest it out. I have a wrx though so that might not happen for me and my little 250

·
Registered
637 Posts
Um.....not very far. Not sure to be honest. Maybe 70 miles or so. Havne't had much of a chance to run up to the mountains since the weather improved because my wife and I just had a kid in May. Need to though. Done some very long days before, but on the SV....a little easier on the body.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've taken my WR250R on two long road trips, ~6600 miles each. If anything it would have been more comfortable, on the pavement sections anyways, if it were 'tarded at the time.

First I rode to Colorado from Maryland by way of the BRP, Deal's Gap, and the TAT (which could easily be done, in the east anyways, by a motard) and came back mostly on US40 and US50. This spring I rode to Key West down the Atlantic coast then to Oklahoma before heading back to Maryland in a semi-aborted/postponed relocation trip.

Hell I'm watching a thread on ADV right now where a guy is taking his '77 Hodaka two stroke cross country to a rally.

It ain't the horse...

·
Registered
102 Posts
i road from simi valley california to las vegas on my motard....idk how many miles that is.:headscrat

·
Registered
8 Posts
really? i felt like i was sitting on cheese wire on mine!
i could do 150ish miles on my Berg 650 with no probs, but about 50 was about my limit on the SXV...maybe your butt is harder then mine!:hmmm:
:lol::rofl:
I do quite a bit of mtn biking so maybe that helps but the seat on the SXV is a torture device. I've only done it a couple of times most street days are around 100 miles. For most of the longer stuff I use the Duc although for 300 mile plus days it's not great either as it kills my back rather than my ass.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm taking my DRZ from Winnipeg to St Louis on Friday. Gonna do Winnipeg to Minneapolis the first day and then to St Louis the next. Got a friend that's gonna drive me the rest of the way to Atlanta. 2 500+ mile days back to back. It's gonna suck.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i did santa barbara to sandiego (about 250 mi) and back on my drz. the whole time i was worried bout my engine blowing up from revvin the piss out of it and my bald tire exploding on the rough CA roads!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm taking my DRZ from Winnipeg to St Louis on Friday. Gonna do Winnipeg to Minneapolis the first day and then to St Louis the next. Got a friend that's gonna drive me the rest of the way to Atlanta. 2 500+ mile days back to back. It's gonna suck.
What are you doing in Atlanta? I live here...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Moving back home. I moved up here like a month ago but Im having some family issues and my old job said they'd take me back. I'll PM you my info once I'm settled and ass isn't sore and we'll go for a ride

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
I've done numerous 300+ mile days on the DRZ, and a few that were right at 400. With some planning, both in mods, and your route, it's isn't too bad. That being said, none of those were slabbing it, it was prime twisty stuff the whole time so it didn't seem as long.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I've done several trips on my DR-Z and one on a husky 610. The longest was on the suzuki, and we did about 600 miles one day, about 500 street miles and 100 dirt. We cut it short the second day because I re-broke my ankle on the top of a mountain in a slow speed tip over, so we basically just rode 400 miles back. I have a 50 mile/day commute, plus if I go anywhere after work for errands etc. Better than being in a car.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've ridden my xr650r on 3 1500+ mile trips through mexico. One was as a supermoto the rest were with dirt wheels. The last trip was about 2000 miles or so with a 627 mile last day. Most averaged about 9-10 days. Mostly offroad but there were some long days on aspahlt as well. I have done a few other trips on it to random places too.

I've been told I'm crazy though. Here is a link to the ride reports on advrider if anyone is interested.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13981667&postcount=2294

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
most i have done on the SMC is about 300. it was seriously hot and i had on my leathers and the stock seat/tank so i had to stop every 50miles or so since i was just out
and didnt know when the next gas station would be. stopping sucked because of the heat.
now i have the gel seat and larger tank so hopefully soon i can pull a 500+ mile day.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I rode a plated DRZ400 motard for 2 years & now a 2006 Husqvarna 510 SMR Motard & the stock seat on both were KILLERS after 50 miles. I modified both seats so they were wider and 300 mile days no longer were painful!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts