SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well last weekend i got to do something that i had not done in 15 years :shock: :shock: and that was to throw my leg over a RS 250 GP bike and do some laps :D :D :D :D

thanks to Matt to letting me ride his new toy 8) 8) 8) and even a bigger thanks go out to him and paul as the are building one for me to ride as well :D :D :D
the read the full story from the TYGA website http://tyga-performance.com/site/index.php?cPath=73_550

so it looks like we are going to be very busy this year with riding the Apriia's in 3 different championships and the RS 250's in the up to 400cc Thailand RR championships

i cant wait for everything to kick off we have had the first round of the thailand supermoto championship , but we had to ride the practice bikes as the race bike are on there way from australia . Matt finished 4th and i came away with the win :):)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my god thats a hot bike
what do those have in hp? around 90 to 100 ?
with the new pipes that TYGA are making and some 100 octane fuel it will be in the low 90 range .
great bike to ride the thing handled like it was on rails and every time you when went in real hard on the brakes the back wheel would be in the air ,it will be good when they have the second bike ready then we can start to play then the lap times will really tumble :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
So for those unfamiliar with Shane, lets recap:

• He's an Aussie (deep down you know you wish you were from Austrailia)
  • His entire famliy is bionic, true fact.
  • Apparently lives, works and plays in Thailand, what a paradise
  • Rides a 2stroke
nuff said, Shane is in heaven!

Some day I will have a Honda NS with that single sided swingarm. How much does a bike like that run???

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So for those unfamiliar with Shane, lets recap:

• He's an Aussie (deep down you know you wish you were from Austrailia)
  • His entire famliy is bionic, true fact.
  • Apparently lives, works and plays in Thailand, what a paradise
  • Rides a 2stroke
nuff said, Shane is in heaven!

Some day I will have a Honda NS with that single sided swingarm. How much does a bike like that run???
he he he he yes life is hard :rofl::rofl::rofl:
but i really could not live any where else ,i have been in Thailand for to long and not fit in with the western rules any more , plus i have broken all most everything so any cold weather and i cant move :eek::eek:

As for he RS it is great to ride fast , but a pig if your slow :hmmm::hmmm: the faster you go the better it handles :clap::clap:it feels like its on rails.
compared to the TZ's i used to race back in the day its much easier to ride loads more mid range and very smooth power delivery .
Matt has some plans he will be build A kit pipes and getting some A kit spec cyliders for a few more ponies :D:D

all i need no is a new 2 stroke 250 motor crosser for some off road practice and it will be a true heaven :infrandom:infrandom

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Is the RS250 a parallel twin:headscrat

·
Registered
657 Posts
Reading this thread makes me want my old RS250 Challenge Cup bike back. I got rid of the Aprilia for my first supermoto bike and never wanted a sportbike again, until now. Definitely the best handling bike I've ever thrown a leg over and once you learn how to ride it, it embarasses alot of bigger bikes. My avatar is the old bike at Pocono International Raceway. The good old days...........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts