SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is my understanding correct that the 2006 SMR450 has no key? if so what do you do when you say leave it at work or something like that?

·
Registered
365 Posts
watch it closely or get a bike lock. and lock it to something, like a light poll or the sorts. even if it had a key theres nothing stopping them from stealing a bike. especially one that two people can pick up and carry away.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Is my understanding correct that the 2006 SMR450 has no key? if so what do you do when you say leave it at work or something like that?
you bring a THICK cable and padlock everywhere... keep it in the tailbag.... along with your insurance/registration info, and in my case, 2-stroke oil. :thumbup:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Theres a key for the steering lock on the frame, but those are easily broken.

a good cable lock and prime parking is best but there are some other tricks to disable starting with hidden switches, buttons, etc.

But yah these bikes are so light that they can be easily loaded into vans or trucks so an ignition key isn't really effective

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
......these bikes are so light that they can be easily loaded into vans or trucks so an ignition key isn't really effective
EXACTLY. treat it like its a bicycle. lock it to the bike rack. lock it to a post.. but lock it TO something.

its just too easy to pickup.. litterally. I weigh more then my CR does. :lol:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i live in a good part of town. lots of Impreza WRX's at work and stuff left with windows down. Stuff like that, so its not too bad. But even then i could prolly work out to park it in our warehouse. ok thanks though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts