SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys lock your steering when you park? I bought my bike used and never got a steering key lock with it. Would it have to be custom made?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I lock mine most of the time. Not sure if it has to be made. You may be able to have one made at a dealership or take it to a lock smith. It doesn't really stop someone from taking your bike it just slows them down really.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
That steering lock doesn't make a difference really. They are easy to break, or somone can just pick your bike up and throw it in a van/truck. Best bet would be to invest the money in a disc lock and either a U lock or a cable lock. That way you can put a lock on your wheel and lock the cable or u lock through the frame to a pole.

The xena alarmed disc lock from here is a good one:

http://www.lockitt.com/

·
Registered
300 Posts
I use a cable lock. Put it through the back wheel, wrap it around the swingarm, and tie it down to the closest thing that can't be moved.

·
Registered
923 Posts
i dont leave it were i cant see it , and is in my garage when not riding , and with my dog next to it

·
Registered
284 Posts
ive had a bike stolen before. and trust me dude... if someone wants the bike theyre gonna take it regardless if its has the column locked or not. if you look at it closely, all it takes is one hard blow and its busted... seriously though, i never use mine anymore. just dont leave it parked around anywhere sketch for long periods. and most deff, DONT STORE IT OUTSIDE. that bitch will be gone fast.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeaa, I store it in my basement so I'm not worried about it getting stolen from my house, sometimes I just worry some idiot kids will move it in a parking lot and push it somewhere or something like that. A lock would prevent something like that from happening. I rarely let is sit for any amount of time though so I'm probably ok.

I'm subscribed to this thread and I made it yet I don't get emails anymore telling me people replied.. whats up with that??

·
Registered
62 Posts
i saw a bike once that had a knife that pops out of the sit.... it might not stop them but it sure would make me feel better knowing that i get even with them lol then all u have to do check the hospitals for anyone that had came in for a @ss stabbing...

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
i saw a bike once that had a knife that pops out of the sit.... it might not stop them but it sure would make me feel better knowing that i get even with them lol then all u have to do check the hospitals for anyone that had came in for a @ss stabbing...
I can see me forgetting that sometime when I'm in a hurry and I'd end up with a jacobs ladder or something other piercing I didn't want!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
It really sucks y'all have to deal with that. :headshake

Mine is sitting in my yard (I washed it on lunch break, so it's air drying) with the key in the ignition while I'm at work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It really sucks y'all have to deal with that. :headshake

Mine is sitting in my yard (I washed it on lunch break, so it's air drying) with the key in the ignition while I'm at work.
....... so where do you live again? :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts