SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have a unique spot to hang you plate?? post your pics...
I cut mine down a bit and might mount it off the back of the swing arm??

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't run a plate.I keep it under my seat and if I get stopped I tell them it fell off and I was enroute to home for a repair.They(cops) are the only ones that need to see it anyway.I have a habit of kicking doors and breaking mirrors when people come into my lane and need the anonymity.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I don't run a plate.I keep it under my seat and if I get stopped I tell them it fell off and I was enroute to home for a repair.They(cops) are the only ones that need to see it anyway.I have a habit of kicking doors and breaking mirrors when people come into my lane and need the anonymity.
Aren't you a cop? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Aren't you a cop? :rolleyes:
Saying that in "jest"....stirring the pot so to speak.SARCASM my friends.No I run a plate with some custom DREMEL work and I snug it up to the tail light.I did this to my SMC and it looks pretty good.The Husaberg is another story.Still can't find a tail light I like but saw a few good ones on a street fighter site.I want to run LED's as they draw less power.looking for a good LED headlight.Any ideas? I assure you that I abide by the law as far as vehicle regulations and sometimes speed.I get hammered worse than you guys when stopped.I not only get fines/points with the addition of trouble at work.Got stopped for not putting both feet down at a stop sign this summer.Kentucky law does not require a m/c rider to put both feet down at a stop.The cop still called my boss and said I was a "smart ass" to him.I was just refreshing his memory as to the state laws!I don't really like cops in general and empathize with you guys when you have run into an A-HOLE of a cop.There are plenty out there.Now I have put a boot into a door of a car as a lady was coming over on me in heavy traffic as she was on her cell phone.It was either that or get smashed into the trailer of a semi which was next to me or boot her door to get her to stop the squeezing process of pressing me into road sausage.NOPE,I run full legal unobscured plates with current validation stickers.I don't have signals on my husaberg yet but i will take the hit for that as I haven't found a good setup yet.Living the outlaw life with NO SIGNALS,;)I do use hand signals so I guess I'm not that far out of line.It seems to work for the chopper/harley crowd!

·
Registered
364 Posts
looking for a good LED headlight.Any ideas?
Nothing out there that is suitable for a headlight right now. They have some offroad flood lights, but you would blind oncoming driviers and they wouldn't light up the road too well, certainly not DOT approved.

·
Registered
300 Posts
i drilled mine into the air box so when sitting on my bike you can only see half the plate. ps my plate says "mtrd" i think its snazzy

·
Registered
73 Posts
i have mine mounted on the back of my swingarm on my DRZ
ill post up some pics later if your interested, also im working on an HID setup that replaces just the stock light but keeps the standard plastic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts