SuperMoto Junkie banner

41 - 60 of 2439 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
swatdoc said:
Here's mine - not finished yet, got a little order in at Ron Hamp Cycles for cams, valves, springs. MT big bore kit is in the works too. Now I'm also eyeing that new Hot Rods stroker crank too.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
That must be my favorite drz congrats.

J

·
0 Posts
swatdoc said:
BamBoo - I got a pretty good deal - $1200 including shipping to Hawaii

Where are you in hawai? I might be there for the mounth of july(1 to the 20 ich) I think I'll be in Pearl or Kaneohe.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I'll play, and i havn't even picked the bike up yet!

photo 1 is the bike. photo 2 is the plastic combo i'm thinking about (kinda sick of all black bikes). photo 3 is pretending i own a husky. i like the flag approach to design, oh and as you can see i'm a pro photoshop illustrator :D

mods: full yosh and jet kit. that'll be it till i can get a cheapo fcr off ebay

·
Registered
131 Posts
swatdoc said:
OK swatdoc, you win! This has got to be one of the best DRZ400SM customizations that I have yet to see (though I still love LDJUK's "S" model conversion earlier in the post). Nice job! :thumbup:

·
Registered
742 Posts

Acerbis Supermoto front fender
"Crash Bobbins" from over the pond
front L/P blinkers in headlight shroud (looks like fangs)
Jap CR high-bend copies
Dual compound grips (crap)
shorty levers (love 'em)
Emgo handguards
Custom mirrors
Neato barpad from the '70's
Dirtly 1" risers
Flatland radiator guards
CFC case guards
Bitech MCCT
Supertrapp IDS2 muffler (hollowed out-no discs)
"E" midpipe
FMF Supermoto Jet Kit
25main jet
Keintech extended fuel screw
Keintech carb bowl allen bolts
UNI filter
3X3 airbox mod
44t rear sprocket
knocked the inserts out of the sprocket cover and only run casesaver
shaved the toolbag (tools behind headlight shroud)
UFO rear tail blinker combo cut to minimum
Shortened subframe and fender
Bridgestone BT45 "Battleaxe" rear tire.

That's all I can think of.

If I could find an cheap "E" header pipe, I'd be in Fat City!!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
swatdoc said:
Thanks GRTPMKN - but I think we'll all be blown away when Nate reveals his masterpiece!
Don't kid yourself doc. Your bike is definitely one of my fav DRZs.... And for the record you have a spending habit worse than mine. You have potential to catch me quickly at the rate your going.

Remember I bought my bike in 03. I have almost had it 3 years in the making now. Its amazing what comes across on ebay in a 3 year period. :thumbup: But I will say you do need some lightspeed carbon frame guards at least on that thing. It would look pretty good on your bike. Looks like your all focused on motor right now though and thats the most important thing. :D

Edit :
Oh ya and powdercoat that chain guide and front motor mount brackets already. :hammer:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Nate - I know my spending is horrible! You should see my Avalanche on 40" tires, chrome fox shox, candy blue powdercoated and chromed Bulletproof suspension, etc. It's a sickness, I know.

You know what I was tryin to do for the chain guide - the YZ's use the same size/bolt pattern as us, and I saw a pic of Ty Davis' YZ with a RED TM Designworks chain guide. I called both Zip y and TM and found out it's a factory only color and not offered to us pions. Oh well! Looks like Lightspeed or powdercoating like you said.

Front motormounts are gonna be PC'd or red anodized, along with the upper alumin ones I got from Foots! REALLY liked your anodized radiators - I think mine would look good red, if you don't mind me stealing your idea.

Hope I get lucky with that kicker motor for sale, too!

·
Registered
198 Posts
boy that looks almost new ! , start those mods early ! here mine

full fmf
k & n
rejeted carb
575 lbs rear spring
e-line clutch cover guard
e-line ing cover guard
carbon look frame guards
909 bars
accurbis rear end and front shorty guard
talon hubs with morad polished rims
Maxxis goldspeeds
EBC 320 mm front disc
braded lines
pollysport hand guards with spoilers
Creasent Suzuki chain guard
gold Iris o'ring chain
crash bobins

hopefully plenty more :thumbup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
swatdoc said:
Hope I get lucky with that kicker motor for sale, too!
$1300 I hope it was worth it!!! Thats a chunk of change. :hmmm: But this way you get a whole other head you can send off to and some cams and other goodies to go with. I guess ride the stock motor while you build your race motor then sell the stocker huh? Kinda what I did.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Nate - kinda went that way cause of your advise on doing the kicker only setup. I figured if it was going to be $650 for the oem parts alone, plus a minimum of $250 I'm thinking to pay someone to split the cases and re-install, plus maybe another $100 or so to switch crank journals...........looking at around $1000 easy. This way the motor is all ready to go, and I think I should be able to sell my e-start for quite a bit more than $300.
That's the plan anyway! :thumbup:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Old Pic of my DR.Z as soon as I get a chance I'll update it.

Acerbis Intergrated front turn Sig's
Acerbis Rear LED tail light
LP rear LED turn Sig's (DOT approved)
Skater axle sliders
Full Yosh Ti system
Air Box mod
Acerbis rear view
Coffee can removed
Some really kewl stickers :D

Need DJ kit and new Sprocket selection.

·
Registered
60 Posts
swatdoc said:
Nate - kinda went that way cause of your advise on doing the kicker only setup. I figured if it was going to be $650 for the oem parts alone, plus a minimum of $250 I'm thinking to pay someone to split the cases and re-install, plus maybe another $100 or so to switch crank journals...........looking at around $1000 easy. This way the motor is all ready to go, and I think I should be able to sell my e-start for quite a bit more than $300.
That's the plan anyway! :thumbup:
I got $400 :lol:

·
Registered
355 Posts
packman said:
boy that looks almost new ! , start those mods early ! here mine

full fmf
k & n
rejeted carb
575 lbs rear spring
e-line clutch cover guard
e-line ing cover guard
carbon look frame guards
909 bars
accurbis rear end and front shorty guard
talon hubs with morad polished rims
Maxxis goldspeeds
EBC 320 mm front disc
braded lines
pollysport hand guards with spoilers
Creasent Suzuki chain guard
gold Iris o'ring chain
crash bobins

hopefully plenty more :thumbup:

Packman, how do you like the Maxxis tires? Also what size tires, and rims are you running? Have you tried them in the dirt yet? One more question, what compound?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Blome said:
All DRZ's look the same. :D J/K, don't beat me up. Nate should post some pics of his bike cause it's sick. I saw it over at thumpertalk.
I have to save it for a grand unveiling. Those who want to see the build pics can find it on TT. :D

41 - 60 of 2439 Posts