SuperMoto Junkie banner

2401 - 2420 of 2439 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Haven't posted up any pictures on SMJ in a long while.
Here's my current setup:

- Fast Company 434cc motor w/ Yosh TRC full system and FCR-MX 41mm carburetor
- Dimension 4 Performance suspension
- BL Italia tank
- all kinds of other little shit

I'm going to be converting to all black over the winter, with a black and red seat cover.

BrooklynStreets, I have had no fitment issues with this tank. So I can't really help.

BTW
If anyone is looking for jetting specs for an FCR-MX 41mm that actually work on a 434, here ya go:

0- 3000ft elevation
60-degrees F and below

175 main jet (silencer insert IN or above 75-degrees)
178 main jet (silencer insert OUT)
200 main air jet
48 pilot jet
100 pilot air jet
JD "Blue" needle clip 4 (clip 3.5 above 75-degrees... you can get a half step washer from Sudco or JD)
2 turns out fuel screw (1.5 turns above 75-degrees)
10mm float height
back out the AP timing screw almost to the end

Getting the AP timing correct is absolutely essential to eliminating any "bog". Adjustment of the AP timing is easy and you don't need to do the "O-ring mod" or wire the AP arms together. Once the jetting is setup correctly when the AP is not actuating, you just need to test and adjust, test and adjust, test and adjust, going in 1/4 turn increments.

The way my 41 is setup now, it will pull off the bottom with the very same response that you get from a 39, but it has a lot more power at wide open throttle. I can't pull full throttle in 1st or 2nd if I want to keep the front wheel on the ground. 3rd gear power wheelies are a breeze. I prefer 3rd gear wheelies now, at about 30mph - 35mph, because 2nd is just too violent without the clutch.

I'm positive that I can get a 41mm to work on a stock displacement DRZ. I just haven't been able to try it, yet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
41mm FCR, Stock DRZ

I'm positive that I can get a 41mm to work on a stock displacement DRZ. I just haven't been able to try it, yet.
I've got a 41mm FCR on my internally stock DRZ. It's been a while but I believe I have a 165 Main/50 Pilot. 1.5 turns out on the fuel screw. Don't remember the color of the needle but I know it's on the third clip seat. I also added a R&D Power Fuel Bowl. Another thing I modded was the throttle cam. I choose the PVC method. I highly recommend the PVC method because you can shorten the throw as much as you want to. I'm going to mod it again to shorten it even more. The Bike pulls hard. No bog, tan spark plug, idles smooth. I really want to sent the engine to MaxRpms and have them bore and stroke it to a 485. So I can attest that yes, a 41mm will work on a stock DRZ.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
concretemissions

That looks like an awesome setup. I'm really glad someone chimed in on that. :thumbup: :D
I like the R&D bowl and the pod filter. I was going to go with a pod filter myself but my 41 came off of an early model KTM 525 with the removable intake adaptor, so I just put the JD Jetting adaptor on and used the stock air box.
Your jetting sounds about right. I am running a 178 main, which sounds rich, but it pulls hard up top. I'm going to try a 175 and a 172 to see what the differences are and go from there. Right at the moment, though, I'm dealing with temps below 35 degrees up here. So it's liking the rich setup. I found this morning, going into work at 28 degrees (Brrrrr!), the idle was a bit high. I richened the pilot a tad, 2.25 turns, and it went back to normal.

BTW, I just saw the pics you posted of your bike in the "street tarders" section. Looks rad af, man. I really dig the sticker bomb matched with the white and the KTM style headlight. That's totally my kind of style. :thumbup: BONG!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks Bro!

concretemissions

That looks like an awesome setup. I'm really glad someone chimed in on that. :thumbup: :D
I like the R&D bowl and the pod filter. I was going to go with a pod filter myself but my 41 came off of an early model KTM 525 with the removable intake adaptor, so I just put the JD Jetting adaptor on and used the stock air box.
Your jetting sounds about right. I am running a 178 main, which sounds rich, but it pulls hard up top. I'm going to try a 175 and a 172 to see what the differences are and go from there. Right at the moment, though, I'm dealing with temps below 35 degrees up here. So it's liking the rich setup. I found this morning, going into work at 28 degrees (Brrrrr!), the idle was a bit high. I richened the pilot a tad, 2.25 turns, and it went back to normal.

BTW, I just saw the pics you posted of your bike in the "street tarders" section. Looks rad af, man. I really dig the sticker bomb matched with the white and the KTM style headlight. That's totally my kind of style. :thumbup: BONG!
Thanks Bro! I still have a list of mods waiting to go on as well as plans for an Ice Cube 485 Big Bore Stroker build. Also that tank on your bike is sick! It should go well with your bike once you convert it to the black plastics that you mentioned. I honestly don't think I have seen a black DRZ with that style tank on it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is a facebook of mine. He's a photographer/cinematographer from Hong Kong. He has the same tank with black plastics.
That looks sweet bro! I love how that dude switched his mask and headlight to the KTM style. I did the same to my bike but went with an aftermarket endure tech headlight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Such incredible graphics bdmmotard, love them - a mix of simple and busy at once, I think it's perfect. Couple of questions:

1) Are you running basic black plastics and black tank under the stickers and then just applying them over the plastic?
2) What front fender are you using on your DRZs? That particular one has that perfect look I've been looking for.

Really really love these graphics, some of the best I've seen! I'll have to pick some of these up but may have to sharpie out the 'SoCal' part since I'm up in NorCal ;)

Got our new graphics in! Let me know what you guys think? The goal was to change the lines and make the dizzer look less dated, and thinner. If you want the kit just drop a line to amr racing and they'll hook it up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Finally got the bike together. Found an engine on eBay with only 3000miles and it has a kicker
Mods:
Front springs by traxxion
Cree led headlight
Led front and rear blinkers
Trimmed supermoto front fender
Core brakelines-front and rear
Drc pegs
Enjoy seat cover
Flo bar mounts
Pro Taper bars
EBay handguards levers
Skateboard wheel sliders
FCR/MRD/3x3
K&N filter
Racetech rear spring
Enjoy seat cover
Drc taillight
Trimmed side panels

I have hotcams to install when I try another bb.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Went all black. Trimmed both side panels. Picking up an 7"ish 36w LED light bar to mount to the bars and hang above a black RMZ450 front number plate that I ordered online. Gotta put on the fork guards still. Always work in progress.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Went all black. Trimmed both side panels. Picking up an 7"ish 36w LED light bar to mount to the bars and hang above a black RMZ450 front number plate that I ordered online. Gotta put on the fork guards still. Always work in progress.

That is sweet, man. Same general direction that I'm headed. Throw up some pics once you have the headlight sorted. :thumbup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
That is sweet, man. Same general direction that I'm headed. Throw up some pics once you have the headlight sorted. :thumbup:
Redneck engineering at its finest. Buying the light on Amazon for $12 (normally $17 but I had gift card left over), the numberplate for $26 and some sorta metal framing bracket at Home Depot for $1.89. This experiment was about $40 total..Took 20 seconds to crimp some blade terminals on the positive and negative wires on the light and stick them in the h4 plug on the bike. I now have an "off setting" when switched to high beam. I have no idea if I like it. I may go with a slim KTM style light like what's on concretemissions bike above.

I wanted it mounted to the bars up and have it wrap around the speedo. But the legs on the light are way too short. The bracket I made is u shaped. It goes from the top triple clamp mount, bent and goes along the backside of the numberplate, and vent to the other triple clamp mount. I drilled 2 holes through the numberplate and bolted it to the bracket behind it.

Here's a couple crappy quick pics I took.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2007 dr-z 400sm

KLX Headlight, nineONEnine Designs graphics, ProTaper Bars, ProTaper Bar Clamps, Zeta 3-finger levers, Zeta handguards, -1/+0 JT Sprockets, 3x3 Mod, free power mod, JD jet kit, manual petcock conversion, kick start added, JM Racing Suspension

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Finished my cylinder works big bore kit and hot cams stage 2 Monday. Been riding it all week since it's fun again..After I got my plated WR450sm my DRZ was just seriously a let down...but now it's really fun again with the added boost..

·
Registered
139 Posts
DRZ400 Cut Plastics

Created some rough edits to photos of my DRZ to get ideas of how I want to cut and drill my plastics. What do you think?

·
Registered
287 Posts
2001 DRZ-S converted to SM
Excel Wheel and Talon Hubs.
FCR 39MX
Hot Cams,
Big Bore 439
Full Yoshi Ti Exhaust
Custom Graphics
KLX Headlight with HID
Aprilia Mirros
Pro Taper CR High Bars and Bar Risers
Zeta Levers
DRZ Racing Grips
Moose Racing Pegs
Peg Sliders
Axle Sliders
SM Fork Guards fitted to S Forks
Fork Sleeves
Racetech Springs Front and Rear and Spring Valves Front: Set to my weight
Acerbis SM Front Fender
Stainless Braided Brake Lines
Vapor dash
Spoke Coats ***** Going to be changed to RED this year. The Yellow doesn't match **
EBC 320 Front Brake Rotor
Zeta Hand Guards with integrated Blinkers
LED Rear indicators
3x3 Air Box Mod
CR Quick Turn Throttle
Rad Guards
Red Silicone Rad Hoses
Seat Concepts High Seat!

And a Bunch of other stuff......

[/URL][/IMG]

2401 - 2420 of 2439 Posts