SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 886 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Show me your 2-stroke motard pics. I wanna see them. I'm thinking about building a 125 or a 250 to play with. I'd like to see some 85 pics, too.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Astroman said:
Yeah, and only three or four pictures of two strokes. ;)

I'm always looking for a reason to post pics! The first one is mine, KTM 550 project, which is currently on hold due to an upcoming wedding. Come September though, I'll be going all-out to complete it! The second is my friend's CR500. Let's see some more!

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Its for sale......Already Street titled....you add lights.

Its an 01 YZ250 that I bought new as my moto machine. When I raced MX I regurarly hole shot against the 450's. This bike is F A S T ask JR!

***Already Street titled ***
FMF SST pipe & silencer
V-Force intake
Race Tech suspension-Not good for street....too soft but I will remove and set up for SM/Street riding.
Yam GYTR graffics & non slip seat cover.
GYTR Carbon fiber skid plate
Aftermarket top clamp/oversized mount
Pro Taper bars
NEW clutch
NEW Top end

All the usual SM parts
Titax 320 Wave brake rotor (different than pictured)

I know it needs a SM front fender ....... :hammer:

I know there is more............

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh, I wish I had those wheels on the YZ.....nice KTM project too, I look forward to the finished pics!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
APA, could I bring that YZ to FL and ride street? I know that the tag agency will ask to see the bike so they can verify the VIN...because it's out of state. It seems like they would take one look at it and tell me no way.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The only way to Ride in the Alleys and bumpy back lanes of Vancouver! They love me around here.....BWWWWAAAAAA 500 cc of Honda CR 500 harmony at 2 am!:laughingr

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
2weelz said:
APA, could I bring that YZ to FL and ride street? I know that the tag agency will ask to see the bike so they can verify the VIN...because it's out of state. It seems like they would take one look at it and tell me no way.
You will need to add the electrical hardware per your states requirements. Lights, Blinkers, Mirrors ect. I have a guy who is making the charging system.

The hard part is done as I already have a street title so the DMV part will be easy. Walk in and hand them the $$$

I have never seen a person at the DMV get up off of their chair and check anything......... Hand them the proper filled out paperwork and walk out with your tag.

·
Registered
240 Posts
out of state usaully have to look and verify the vin to make sure it matches the title....it happen to me.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Guess its possible in OK but ......... I have registered vehicles in many states and I have never had to show them anything but the filled out paperwork & green backs.

So your saying if I bought a car/truck/motorcycle/trailer in another state I would have to to tow it to the DMV so they can look at the vin number?

Did you piss off the clerk?

·
Registered
192 Posts
apa said:
Guess its possible in OK but ......... I have registered vehicles in many states and I have never had to show them anything but the filled out paperwork & green backs.

So your saying if I bought a car/truck/motorcycle/trailer in another state I would have to to tow it to the DMV so they can look at the vin number?

Did you piss off the clerk?
in NV you have to have a vin check at the DMV if you buy a vehicle out of state and want to register it in Nevada, sucks

1 - 20 of 886 Posts