SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 450 and 510 and becoming more popular and I think we all see the same questions being brought up. I also think if we have a Jetting Database this will help tremendously :thumbup:
I will post my Jetting later tonight.
Jetting should be recorded the same way by every SM junkie including Year,Alt, Mods, mj, pj, lj, air screw, and etc.
This way we can all help each other get the most out of our machines.
Let me know what you all think and maybe the MOD can get a sticky for us here :clap:
Thanks
Richie

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
good move. I just steal all of Coffee's data from TT. they have a pretty good list for husky's compiled

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome thanks Brian!
Lets all put our specs in

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2007 510 SMR at 0 - 1000 ft elevation.
Bike has all emission restrictions removed
jetting coming tonite :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Great Idea. :thumbup: Heres mine
2007 450 SMR - Altitude 800-900ft
- LeoVince full TI exhaust
- K&N Air Filter
- JD Jet Kit - (fuel screw) 1 3/4 turns
- Red Needle (5th clip)
- 180 Main
- 45 Pilot
- Leak Jet
- Thick O-Ring

Still pops under decel....:headscrat

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2007 510 smr altitude 450-1200ft
oem pipe un corked
husky race jet
185 main
50 pilot
5th clip on needle
2 turns out fuel screw

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thirty whats ur alt and temp. if close to mine then go with that. It runs ans starts awesome everytime, thats why I am scared to install the JD jetting it i have lol ! Why mes with something that aint wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thirty whats ur alt and temp. if close to mine then go with that. It runs ans starts awesome everytime, thats why I am scared to install the JD jetting it i have lol ! Why mes with something that aint wrong.
Thanks for the link, thats going to help a lot! ill get it figured out and post it on here when im done.

Im at basicly sea level to 150ft, moderate climate. the emissions is removed, full Akrapovic race pipe, K&N filter and a JD jet kit.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok sounds good. Let me know I have the same setup and scared to install it for the same reasons u have. We seem to be same alt just what temps are u riding in? I want to install the JD jetting so bad. If both of us dial in our bikes it will be so helpful for the rest of SMJ with 450-510's

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im in Portland Oregon, if that gives you an idea of the climate and elevation i ride in.

i need to dial it in.... i blew a some flames last night.... cool, yes, but not right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Heres what i got.

2007 SMR510, Altitude sea level - 150ft
-emissions removed
-full Akrapovikc race exhaust
-K&N air filter
JD jet kit
-Red Needle @ 5th clip
-180 main jet
-45 pilot
-air/fuel 1 3/4 turns
-leak jet
-thick O-ring

and yea... it still pops a little on decel, but thats the nature of the beast i guess.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Any jetting info on SM610's?

I bought my '06 husky sm610 used about three weeks ago. came with a leo vince full ti exhaust and jetting done by the dealer that the guy bought it from new. found the paper for the jetting instructions and this is what the dealer has written down that is supposed to be in it. main jet sounds really big but i dont really know if thats just me.

Main - 202
Pilot - 42
Needle - Red
Clip Position - 5th
Leak Jet - 70
Fuel Screw - 2 and 1/4th
Starter Jet - 85

any info would be cool. thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I bought my '06 husky sm610 used about three weeks ago. came with a leo vince full ti exhaust and jetting done by the dealer that the guy bought it from new. found the paper for the jetting instructions and this is what the dealer has written down that is supposed to be in it. main jet sounds really big but i dont really know if thats just me.

Main - 202
Pilot - 42
Needle - Red
Clip Position - 5th
Leak Jet - 70
Fuel Screw - 2 and 1/4th
Starter Jet - 85

any info would be cool. thanks.
i also just put a k&n filter on the bike as well.

·
Registered
656 Posts
04 510
-sea level (below at times when I run it at Richmond.... :D) to maybe 400 feet so far.

-Completely stock setup for 04. That means competition flow through style muffler and no emmisions to need removing. The setup is dead stock other than the jetting.

-Bumped the main jet to a 190 and running the rest stock. It could likely use a lift of one slot on the needle since a few traces of lean shows up around idle and low throttle settings at lower RPM's like when cruising out to the track area. On the track it pulls strongly at all RPMs I'm using and doesn't show signs of any lean transition issues so I haven't bothered with fixing the lean issue when in the pits.

I tried the 180 and 185 and the bike was definetly running lean up top. Tested using the "roll off slightly from WFO and see what it does" method of looking for a little surge ahead to signify running a hair lean. The 190 seems rock solid for me.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts