SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Picked up a new 690SMC this weekend from Ace Motorsports in Concord. Honestly I wasn't planning on buying a new bike (was only buying some parts from one of their mechanics)....so it turned out to be the most expensive work table I've ever bought. Lucky me! :D

Anyhow, the bike is ridiculous awesome and I scared the ***t out of myself when I caught about a foot of air going down the stairsteps on Gough st. in SF. This bike is the ultimate urban terror...

I emailed Leovince about an exhaust, they said end of July and sent me these, looks pretty good and will be a helluva lot cheaper than an Akropovic slip on:

·
Registered
728 Posts
sweet! i might end up getting that but with a carbon fiber can instead. we'll see. did they tell you a price?

my only question is what tail section is that? its not the U.S. tail and it doesn't look like the euro tail either. hmmm....

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
make it a carbon can with some carbon heat shields and it will look better than the akra by far. i do not like how long the akra can is at all, looks way to long.
exactly. Oh, and I called Two Brothers today... got an interesting response to our applications.

·
Registered
569 Posts
gotta remember, the length of the can, internals of the can, etc., are key to tuning the muffler for the most performance

·
Registered
599 Posts
I think the akra looks way better. it's a smaller can on the leo (= louder?) you can see the exhaust pipe even with the shield on. looks like a generic can adapted to the bike. leo vince will be about 20% cheaper than akra though.

I don't think they can make a CF can on a single that can last long term. too much pressure/too big an exhaust pulse.

plus I got a leo vince cat back for a 5 year old bike. they don't even make parts available even though they still sell the system.

·
Registered
599 Posts
akra looks better, but not worth the money at all, $1000 for a can? no way!!!

akra is $860 after 15 percent discount from ktm-part.com. the leo will close to that price. but you'll have to pay a dealer to upload a map.

·
Registered
569 Posts
the way i see it is that anything will be better than the stock muffler which has a cat in it and is nowhere near "open".

also, i think leo vince knows what they are doing.

i agree to some degree, but i know that not all the manufacturers build different length cans with different internals and do alot of testing....thats the only way to find out what is best by putting it on a dyno and throw away alot of test subjects....which of course also requires tuning of the map i the computer for each one, which I don't believe most people can develop maps for the stock computer....but Akra can since they are closely related to KTM....i'm not saying that Leo won't come out with something good, but i'll go with the Akra, i don't have to worry about maps, since there is already one

1 - 20 of 55 Posts