SuperMoto Junkie banner

Leo Vince Slip-on?

4K views 39 replies 8 participants last post by  HH4SUPERMOTO 
#1 ·
I don't see a model specific version for the X. I found one for the '08 WR250F. Would that work for the X? This is the slip-on that I want.

Here's a link to the Leo Vince website:
http://www.leovinceusa.com/x3/x3_enduro.php#

#2 ·
They haven't added it to their US web site yet.

Here's the link to their Euro web site which has the pipe listed and a sound bite too. I think I'm going to get mine this weekend!

http://www.sitogroup.com/servlet/pa...ce_menu_dx=115&codprd=10424&prgtmp=&sessione=

http://www.sitogroup.com/pls/pazsito/pk$ges_upload.download?nome_file=F30731/AR-3688.mp3

http://www.sitogroup.com/pls/pazsito/pk$ges_upload.download?nome_file=F11204/GP-3688.pdf

:thumbup:
Don't know if you've seen this thread yet. My pipes going on my bike tonight. So far all I can say is I'm very impressed by the quality of the manufacturing of the pipe. All I did was take it out of the box the other night. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to install it tonight. I'll give my impression after. Hope this helps.

You can call them at their Richmond California distributor, they have them in stock.

Flyinfish

#4 ·
Do I have to do all your research for you...LOL

OK here you go...type in Leovinceusa.com, click on contact us tab, call telephone number listed there. Graham was the one who helped me out, he seems to answer the phones there when I've called. Tell him TJ sent ya!

Even easier here's the contact info:

Customer Support
LeoVince USA
1445B South 50th Street
Richmond, CA 94804
T: 510-232-4040
F: 510-232-4141
Email: info@leovinceusa.com

#13 · (Edited)
Pipe's great!

Here's my impression of the pipe:

The "chunk" felt with the stock pipe as you go from off throttle to on is significantly smoother. Bottom end doesn't seem any better or worse. Leo Vince's published dyno results shows a slight decrease at about 5,000 RPM. It's barely noticable if at all. If I hadn't seen the dyno charts before trying my pipe I probably would have not perceived it at all. I feel the difference in the mid range for sure. It feels like it pulls harder and smoother here. On the top it seems like it gets a little closer to the rev limiter before starting to drop off.

So far I've only tried it with the setup they prepackaged which includes the exhaust tip that meets the FIM decible level which if I remember right is 92 db. I figured I would go right to the most aggressive, highest flow tip from the start and work backwards toward the most conservative but I just ran it the way it shipped and I'm extremely happy with it. One day soon, when I get some time I'll test the other setups. I can say this, I thought that 92 db would not be very loud but after hearing it I'm not sure I want to go any louder. If the performance was noticably different I'd consider it, though. As far as the exhaust note goes I could not be happier. The stock pipe sounds to me like a crackling girgle and the Leo's got a nice deep, throaty burble. That's the best way I can put it into words.

As far as the quality goes I've never seen more attention to detail and was blown away by all of the optional accessories that were included in the package. They included a spring pulling tool, four exhaust tips, a spark arrestor, and a sticker. Instead of having a cheap sticker on the exhaust pipe they have a metal lable tacked on for durability. I know you're thinking I probably work for them in their marketing department by this point but I do not. I simply appreciate a well manufactured item and the company's willingness to go above and beyond what's expected in this day and age. I've owned FMF and Pro Circuit pipes in the past on my dirt bikes. They were good products for the money but Leo Vince is over the top.:thumbup:

#14 ·
Here's my impression of the pipe:

The "chunk" felt with the stock pipe as you go from off throttle to on is significantly smoother. Bottom end doesn't seem any better or worse. Leo Vince's published dyno results shows a slight decrease at about 5,000 RPM. It's barely noticable if at all. If I hadn't seen the dyno charts before trying my pipe I probably would have not perceived it at all. I feel the difference in the mid range for sure. It feels like it pulls harder and smoother here. On the top it seems like it gets a little closer to the rev limiter before starting to drop off.

So far I've only tried it with the setup they prepackaged which includes the exhaust tip that meets the FIM decible level which if I remember right is 92 db. I figured I would go right to the most aggressive, highest flow tip from the start and work backwards toward the most conservative but I just ran it the way it shipped and I'm extremely happy with it. One day soon, when I get some time I'll test the other setups. I can say this, I thought that 92 db would not be very loud but after hearing it I'm not sure I want to go any louder. If the performance was noticably different I'd consider it, though. As far as the exhaust note goes I could not be happier. The stock pipe sounds to me like a crackling girgle and the Leo's got a nice deep, throaty burble. That's the best way I can put it into words.

As far as the quality goes I've never seen more attention to detail and was blown away by all of the optional accessories that were included in the package. They included a spring pulling tool, four exhaust tips, a spark arrestor, and a sticker. Instead of having a cheap sticker on the exhaust pipe they have a metal lable tacked on for durability. I know you're thinking I probably work for them in their marketing department by this point but I do not. I simply appreciate a well manufactured item and the company's willingness to go above and beyond what's expected in this day and age. I've owned FMF and Pro Circuit pipes in the past on my dirt bikes. They were good products for the money but Leo Vince is over the top.:thumbup:
I agreee....Accept I found the biggest opening with the shortest length baffle and ran that. And I love that. Those other 3 haven't tried them yet.

#16 ·
Right on!

I planned to do the same but once I got the pipe mounted I couldn't wait to take it for a spin and that was at 10:00 last night. Haven't had the opportunity to change it but I'm not sure I want to be any louder. I guess I'll just have to try it and see.

How loud is it? Have you done any sprocket changes? I'm thinking of dropping a tooth on the front.

#26 ·
I never had to preload either guys.:headscrat (but it works for a standup wheelie , then I sit).
Ive had some bikes in my time too.

dear
Dr. Mil and Chief Schearrer,

If your bikes were not so strong with upgrades, was the 2nd gear wheelie easy for you?

How about this you tube distance wr250x wheelie guy too?

#27 ·
Man I dont know what you guys are doing or maybe im just really small im about 165lbs with my jacket helmet and boots on and could clutch 2nd gear with no problem when my bike was bone stock. I sit right in front of the strap on the seat fairly straight up and whammo front end in the air. Works so well for me i have even been able to loop one over on myself already.

#29 ·
Good to know, thanks for the warning. That seems strange to me- I'm running with the entire stock spark arrester removed, so there's no down turn anymore. I'm just wondering if you are having other issues that could cause that...just a thought.

#30 ·
My pipe arrived Wednesday afternoon and I couldn't wait to install it...so I did it that night in the parking lot under a street light. If I had dropped anything, I would be waiting till morning to finish, but I took my time and it was a success. I even tried removing the entire EXUP system, including the motor/solenoid that mounts under the battery. That needs to stay- without it plugged into it's harness the check engine light will be on. Disconnected the battery and put the EXUP motor back after removing the cables. I think it's easier to pull the whole unit anyway, then remove the cables, then reinstall. It is very straight forward once you start turning screws. I don't think my neighbors appreciated me firing it up and taking a spin around the block at 10:30 on a school night, but hey that's life... :D

Now the good part. Boy does this bike sound mean as hell when it's opened up. I let it warm up after making sure the engine light was clear and gave it a little blip. It sounded like a big blip...if that makes any sense. :lol: No really, the Leo pipe sounds beautiful and no clips I've heard online come even close to replicating that. At a steady cruise in town I can hear the engine over the exhaust- very smooth and much quieter than cruising on the stock system, almost silent. No more fart-can-cruising. When you punch it from low revs heads will turn, then you'll be gone. On and off throttle is much, much smoother, due to removing the EXUP I believe. Getting through the gears is noticeably faster. I used to flog it all the time, now I have to be more careful and mellow acceleration feels like full throttle on the stocker. Sixth feels like it will pull up higher than it would before, but I haven't tested yet. Getting the front to pop off of speed bumps is no longer a challenge for me. Pics this afternoon when I can take a ride!

#31 ·
BTW, I used the shortest instert that still has a bend, so no spark arrester screen. The bend seems to be enough to keep the turn signal safe. Feels like the exhaust passes just under it. After about 20 miles of on and off riding there are no signs of turn signal meltage here, so I suggest using that insert.

#32 ·
Cool!

I'm glad you learned from me, I plan on contacting Leo Vince once I get pictures of my turn signal and ask them to either add a warning in their documentation or change the the design of the tip, or just delete those tips all together. I stick behind their quality and recommend the pipe just don't use the tip that has no downturn as long as you still have turn signals. :D

#34 ·
cool

Could you check it and let me know. Was it the baffle that had no exit snorkle at the back side. Also did you put the spark arrestor on it? Do you have stock turn signals in their stock location? And does your pipe end about 3 inches from the turn signal? I just want to know so when I contact Leo Vince I can better understand what went wrong. Thanks in advance. Mine came with 4 tips. Two that could be used with the spark arrestor, one long and one short. And two that couldn't be used with the spark arrestor due to the turned down exit tube at the back side of the end plate. I'm still thrilled with the pipe but I wish Leo would have a warning about using this tip. Thanks.

TJ

#35 ·
Could you check it and let me know. Was it the baffle that had no exit snorkle at the back side. Also did you put the spark arrestor on it? Do you have stock turn signals in their stock location? And does your pipe end about 3 inches from the turn signal? I just want to know so when I contact Leo Vince I can better understand what went wrong. Thanks in advance. Mine came with 4 tips. Two that could be used with the spark arrestor, one long and one short. And two that couldn't be used with the spark arrestor due to the turned down exit tube at the back side of the end plate. I'm still thrilled with the pipe but I wish Leo would have a warning about using this tip. Thanks.

TJ
I didn't look at the other inserts yet but I did find that the one I had was big but had the angle peice. I think ur right when u say I have the second biggest. Sorry about ur turn signal! I recommend the one I have! It's way better on the turn signals. So I hear.

#37 ·
I bought it at the dyno fight event they had where they were giving a 10% discount. People have told me they don't usually have sales. With the discount I paid $404. As far as the fitment goes compare you'd have to compare the length of the fmf with the stocker and see if it mates up the same way. Or call FMF and ask if the FMF header would mate up with the stock mid pipe and muffler. If it would you have your answer. Good luck. Let us know what you find out.

#38 ·
This pipe performs very well with the stock header. If you still have the stock exhaust, try the slip-on and go from there. If you're not satisfied you can always get a different header. Leo will probably make one eventually. I have a K&N and Leo slip-on- I don't have any need to further modifiy this engine...

#40 ·
Thanks guys, all of you have a been a big help. I am in PO DUNK NM and no one around here but me have this bike or anything like it. I am surrounded by Harleys. I have a friend with a 2009 KLX250s and now he wants to get rid of it to get WRX. There is no comparo between these 2 bikes. Again THX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.