SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I've been looking for a good deal on boots and I just found these axo rc6's

it almost looks like these aren't legit (no sm soles etc) but I noticed they use the same pic for the replacement soles, so maybe it is legit, but they are lazy when it comes to pictures?

I don't want to spend alot on boots, and these are the lowest priced i have found. I also see a bunch of tech 2's and 3's and some 8's for sale cheap, but are the supermoto soles like $100?

What are you guys using?

·
Registered
50 Posts
There's another thread "What boots?". Check it out.

I have SIDI for sm and Alpinestars for mx. I've seen a lot of sm riders use Alpinestars. It's worth the investment.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! yeah, I saw that thread, and many others...haha. I guess I was just asking about the axo rc6's specifically. The sidi crossfires are at the top of my list, but i don't want to spend more than $200-$250.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Like any purchase, the less you spend the more you sacrifice. I know people who bought cheap boots and ended up with broken ankles or leg.

Check out Chaparral or ebay. Good luck:thumbup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've heard good things about the rc6's. same guys who designed the tech 10's or something along those lines. I forget the exact details now ...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, motostrano gave both the axo rc6's and the gaerne supermoto boot a great rating. The said the only problem is that the axo's aren't made any more (hence why the $199 "discount" price). They also said that the crossfires were really high priced, and after reading some reviews on the gaernes, i hear the quality isn't what is expected from a $285-$300 boot.

I think I'm gonna shoot for either the a-stars or most likely the axo's. I'm just worried about buying from that site? i guess I can return them if they aren't what they said they were.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm...will those soles work with the oxtar boots and axo, and gaerne, and astar? haha. Can the sliders be bought separately (couldn't see it on your site)?

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Our soles can be installed on all boots except ones that are moulded on like A-Stars Tech 10's.

Use the scroll tab.....individual sliders are at the bottom.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whaaaa? ...only kidding. I saw them before, but on a different section where I could only see the sole picture. My mistake.

Think I'm gonna ditch the axo idea seeing as the company has pretty bad reviews and never emailed me back. Going for the Oxtars. Thanks guys.

APA, I think I will be picking up some soles and gloves in the future.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE:

ok so I wear an 11 in normal shoes. I go up to my cyclegear to try on some boots and the only oxtars they have are like "reactors" or something (still an MX style boot). I try on the "47" (no US size marked) and they area tad too small. Tried on the Alpinestar 47's (I think they are 12's) and they fit perfect. Then the guy working said that the 47 was a 12.5? He thoroughly confused me. Now all I know is that if I want the oxtars to fit I need larger than a 47. Here's where the trouble comes in...on the website the oxtars are only listed in american sizes. No worries I thought, I'll just look up an oxtar sizing chart...http://www.newenough.com/info_pages/sizing_chart_oxtar.html How do I know if my foot is new or old sized? haha. I'm really confused. So depending on their sizing chart, the boot I need may or may not be in stock, and if it is in stock, it might only be 1/2 size bigger than I tried on, which I'm afraid will not be big enough (the 47s were pretty tight, and I was basically wearing no socks.

I'm about to just wear regular mx boots, cause I can get a decent pair of fox's or alpinestars for under $100, will that be bad in any way?

·
Registered
291 Posts
UPDATE:

ok so I wear an 11 in normal shoes. I go up to my cyclegear to try on some boots and the only oxtars they have are like "reactors" or something (still an MX style boot). I try on the "47" (no US size marked) and they area tad too small. Tried on the Alpinestar 47's (I think they are 12's) and they fit perfect. Then the guy working said that the 47 was a 12.5? He thoroughly confused me. Now all I know is that if I want the oxtars to fit I need larger than a 47. Here's where the trouble comes in...on the website the oxtars are only listed in american sizes. No worries I thought, I'll just look up an oxtar sizing chart...http://www.newenough.com/info_pages/sizing_chart_oxtar.html How do I know if my foot is new or old sized? haha. I'm really confused. So depending on their sizing chart, the boot I need may or may not be in stock, and if it is in stock, it might only be 1/2 size bigger than I tried on, which I'm afraid will not be big enough (the 47s were pretty tight, and I was basically wearing no socks.

I'm about to just wear regular mx boots, cause I can get a decent pair of fox's or alpinestars for under $100, will that be bad in any way?
I wear 12 in street shoes. I got 12 1/2 (47) Oxtars (for $109.99!!)

They are snug, but good with medium to thick socks.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
hmmm, see the 47's are just too tight, but it seems crazy that I need a boot 1.5 sizes bigger than my street shoes. Do you think it's because I tried on a different model? (I think they were called Raptors). I'm going to call them in 30 minutes when they open and ask about sizing, also if there is a larger size in any stores in the nation...

EDIT: Another possibility is that I'm choosing the wrong sizes. How tight should all my gear be? I'm a pretty small guy at about 5'11" and 160 lbs. I was trying on helmets and the medium (shoei) squishes my cheeks up and is "uncomfortable" to me. The large however fits perfect and applies pressure everywhere, but if I hold the helmet in my hands and really move my head, there is some play. Should the boots be really tight along with the helmet? The 12.5 (47) boots were tight to me feet and nice on my ankles, then all the sudden at the top they open up and there is a large gap. Can the boot be cranked down and tightened, or do I have whimpy legs?

references: head is 23 inches in circumference at widest point (forehead to lump in th back).
calf is about 14-14.25 inches at largest point (about 5 inches below the back of my knee).

I feel like I'm really over thinking this, but I would hate for my helmet and boots to be either uncomfortably tight, or fly off when I crash.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts