SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone up for a Little Tujunga Cyn to Bouquet Cyn to Crazy Ottos for food Motard ride Sunday? Good twisties and very few Leos!
Forgot to add that Lisa won't be riding so no one has to be worried about being passed by a GIRL!!!
Okay ride is Sunday the 26th! Meet at 9am at the Mobil station on Lake Ave in Pasadena on the north side of the 210 fwy. Or 9:30am at the 7/11 just off the Osborne off ramp of the 210 fwy, turn rt at the bottom & left at the next light(1/2 a block) look to your left at the 1st corner for the 7/11. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!

·
Registered
920 Posts
:bannana:i'll be missing this one, but i need to ride july 4th weekend. should be getting the all-clear from my doctor on June 27th :bannana:

·
Registered
537 Posts
No Lisa? I thought you knew that the only reason that we rode with you was because you knew Lisa? :D It is over 100* today so I don't know if I would have the stamina to ride. And, I read in another thread that you fixed the handling of your bike. I was enjoying the fact that is was not handling quite right as it slowed you down to an almost sane pace. And, last time, Crazy Ottos was out of rare prime rib? This is a tough call to make. But, it sure is hot in the Mojave Desert today.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Sorry but Lisa went up north to Sonoma for the summer. She may visit down here a few times. I worked on my front suspension but haven't tested it yet. Going up to Newcombs tomorrow (Thurs)for a test run.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did an easy ride up the Crest yesterday and my Husky never wallowed in a turn. So I think I finaly got the suspension right!

·
Registered
856 Posts
So is the pace slow enough for a old, slow, recovering from injury, just got a new bike, havent ridden on the street in 15 years sort of guy?:hmmm: My street skills are lacking and I don't want to hold anyone up.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
So is the pace slow enough for a old, slow, recovering from injury, just got a new bike, havent ridden on the street in 15 years sort of guy?:hmmm: My street skills are lacking and I don't want to hold anyone up.
There will be a mix of riders. Some haul ass and others take it pretty slow plus some in between. I like to stress on the rides that you ride at a pace that is comfortable & safe for you & don't ride over your head trying to stay with faster riders. We stop & wait for everyone to catch up every so often. So don't worry about holding any one up! I am 71 years old, been riding 51 years & raced dirt track & road raced for about 14 years. A buddy of mine that is 77 will be riding & he rides at a slower easy cruising pace. And with a name like Mikedabike you will fit right in!! LOL

·
Registered
856 Posts
There will be a mix of riders. Some haul ass and others take it pretty slow plus some in between. I like to stress on the rides that you ride at a pace that is comfortable & safe for you & don't ride over your head trying to stay with faster riders. We stop & wait for everyone to catch up every so often. So don't worry about holding any one up! I am 71 years old, been riding 51 years & raced dirt track & road raced for about 14 years. A buddy of mine that is 77 will be riding & he rides at a slower easy cruising pace. And with a name like Mikedabike you will fit right in!! LOL
Sound good, I will more than likely see you in the morning.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Yer an Asshat! Tell us what ya got new! Wish I cud go, so I can flog yer new toy. But I'm in Miami bitches!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Fuggin funny!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey Mike(dabike) U f'ing liar. Yer fast. Dont bs these folks. Wish now that I didn't commit to a tard ride up here from Tehachapi to Kernville or I'd havta show you up on my DRZ. If any of you dezrats wanna join our small group tomorrow (sunday) , then meet us at the shell gas station at the intersection of Woodford Tehachapi rd and 202 at 10:30 sunday morning. Maybe some day Mike U'll man up and ride up here. Peace out bro.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I might be able to join you guys tomorrow, just hoping to get some time off. And if I do, just see guys at 9:30a 7/11...:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Baby hyper.
Damn Mike, last I checked, they don't serve any Sweet Meat at Otto's! :lol:

We'll have a couple of elderly, fat guy- ridden DRZ's along to keep him in check.

But, damn. A Kernville ride sounds like fun! I've been trying to get in a ride up there with you guys for years now... post up your future outings so I know my options. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts