SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Following on from the Gix n Taff buildoff threads...
Heres a sneak preview of my KXF450 Fuel Injection ...
same rules as Gix's 'X-tra farter' buildoff bike apply!!:rolleyes2:

Heres the start.. one little used, bought from new by a slow owd dude KX450!

work starts...
Front..

Using the Finest Italian gear...racekitted anodised SXV Sachs forks with 21mm SXV Yokes mated to Oz wheel with Brembo disc/caliper/MC all fitted to Japans strongest most powerful 450 frame:thumbup:

few other bits....
Sigma slipper
Brembo radial MC(needs rebuild but cheap!!)

More to follow!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Can't wait to see the end result here bro.

Brembo masters are so so nice. I have one on my RC51 and love it. I just picked up a Magura radial for my CRF sumo that I'm dying to try out. Look quality at least.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Jesus, here we go again.

Looking good. The UK boys ain't playing.:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
few more pointers to where its at!

shortened uprated CRF rear suspension unit...

Combined with...CRF swingarm, extensively modified to accept 5inch OZ Wheel...

No bought over the counter and bolt it on crap being used on this buildoff bike,
No deep pockets needed to achieve a topline bike that looks and goes as good as anything!!!

All the KX MX gear is being left unmodified so I can swap n change between setups in a couple of hours
making this conversion the ultimate usable / value bike!!

You wanna 'buy my silence' yet Taffster!!:lol::rofl:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
God you UK guys know how to build some nice bikes!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CRF's very slightly wider at the rear, needed to do some modifying to fit the wheels and want to do a bit more to it yet!
plus want to be able to convert it back to MX form using standard KX gear so wanted the KX un staying as is!!:)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
what did those rims come off of? How hard is it to modify to put SBK rims on a MX bike like my WR?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Originally off a fireblade I had, then modded to fit my Phaseone rep SXV now onto the KX...beats paying £2k for Marchisini's!!

Need to be sure the wheels you choose are pretty similar to begin with...obviously a 6.0inch rear R1 wheel aint gonna go on your WR etc altho a frz400 or similar could with some research!!

Its relatively easy if you are mathodical, have access to all the gear needed and patience!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Frames going in on Monday to be coated,everythings done to it that needs doing!!!
Im Taking swingarm to work as well, to do some serious work to make this bike special!!
Exhaust is planned,bits formed and ready to be finally bent/welded once I get motor fitted back in my coated frame, been a busy boy this week and a full day planned tomorrow getting final bits sorted..brakelines, new bearings etc etc

Hopefully Its gonna be unbelievable looking, if I can get the result Im aiming for, theres gonna be things folks aint ever seen on a KX supermoto!

Thankfully...Gix/Taff and others understand whats involved in a build like this.....
just hope folks appreciate the work thats in it and dont dismiss the lack of carbon 'stick-on' tat!!

more next weekend!!!

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
and lastly to round off the "british biker build off shit talking ego smashing super thread competition"... subscribed....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
and lastly to round off the "british biker build off shit talking ego smashing super thread competition"... subscribed....
Glad to have you on board buddy:thumbup:
Feel free to grace us with some technical know-how...I'm certainly open to a few pointers/advice from overseas....:clap:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Since F'edupmotard seems to think its a forgone conclusion that Taffs gonna kick ass :rolleyes:,
I just thought Id add a bit here of what I'VE done this week on the buildoff 'Andyberg KXF'...

Heres my last supermoto special, just to show Ive done a little bit of this sort of thing before
'The PhaseOneREP SXV..'

Id like you to remember.. There aint any FI KXF supermoto's out there that Im aware of, for me to get any guidance or info from, so lets just see what evolves:thumbup:

KX Frame..stripped ready for work to commence..

No 2 week waiting time for me:rolleyes:...I got it done via work contacts :thumbup:

Took 2 days

Front end..ex PhaseOne rep SXV racekitted forks with deseamed SXV yokes, EX P1rep OZ wheel with Brembo disc and Radial Brembo Caliper, gonna be used with the Brembo radial MC Im rebuilding!!

Sigma slipper clutch fitted..

motor in frame..

Its coming on...

Remember...I aint paying anyone to build/fabricate/set up this bike...all my own work with nothing and no-one to get advice!!

Oh yeh my current spend is £660 which includes the brake setup and a mint set of black Excel Red Talon wet wheelset.

Im only showing you all the simple bits I want you all to see...
the real special work will be unveiled upon completion, save the 2 muppets chucking the towel in early!!

HOPE YA LIKE IT FOLKS...I THINK WE MAY POSSIBLY HAVE A COMPETITION ON HERE!:thumbup:
:D:D

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Since F'edupmotard seems to think its a forgone conclusion that Taffs gonna kick ass :rolleyes:
He payed me to think that, aparently money is no object to him....:D

looking good by the way you seem to be moving along for being in uncharted waters...

·
Registered
269 Posts
looking forward to see how the kwak SM turns out Andy,they are as rare as hens teeth over here!

That SXV is feckin gorgeous mate!!:clap:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
looking forward to see how the kwak SM turns out Andy,they are as rare as hens teeth over here!

That SXV is feckin gorgeous mate!!:clap:
cheers Bud...hope the Kwak's turns out as good as I envisage!

Modeled the SXV on my ex World championship Phase1 racer, that I rebuilt a few years back!...

alas I broke the SXV for spares and its been flung to all 4 corners of the world now..Aus,USA,Europe with virtually nothing staying here in the UK!!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts