SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1997 KX60. The most important things are supermoto tires and a harder rear spring. I heard about the Dunlop TT92's but wasn't sure if those are the right ones to get. The rear wheel in 12in and the front is 14in. I also can't seem to find a stiffer rear spring to accommodate my weight. I am 130lb. Can someone tell me where and what I should get? Also, will the different wheel sizes matter/effect the riding? Any input on this would help.
I do not plan on racing. Only used as a parking lot toy/stunter. Something fast to fool around on.

Thanks,

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had seen a rear shock on ebay not to long ago but they wanted $300 for it. Call Race Tech or another suspension shop and see what they will charge to set that shock up for you.

Let me know what you figure out for tires. I'm thinking about setting up my sons 03 so he can go play on a track.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had seen a rear shock on ebay not to long ago but they wanted $300 for it. Call Race Tech or another suspension shop and see what they will charge to set that shock up for you.

Let me know what you figure out for tires. I'm thinking about setting up my sons 03 so he can go play on a track.
I think I am going to go for the Dunlop TT92 for the rear but I want to try to find the same size wheel for the front. I don't have a clue where I can get a 12in front rim for the kx60 though.

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The front rim is 14x1.4, will the fork and hub accommodate a wider rim. I just don't know if you have to have a wider hub with a wider front wheel.

By the way, thank you for all the advice and tips you guys have given me. I really appreciate it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts