SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I just got a set of (non-cush hub) super moto wheels for my 07 exc 450. I know about the problems associated with these bikes and high traction situations (splines, etc.)

Just wondering if anyones used these and how well they work. I'm assuming not as well as a hub but for about $100, probably better than nothing?????

I know i've seen them mentioned but can't find much with the search.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
727 Posts
A member here has a thread about the Kush sprockets, but it is in regards to how durable they are.

Are you asking whether or not they truly protect the bottom end of your engine?

That would take a lot of testing to confirm, I think you just have to trust that any little bit of cushion you can put between the pavement and your crankshaft is better than none.

I don't think it will dampen more or better than a cush hub, but it is a cheap alternative and will offer some damping.

I'm obsessed with protecting my crankshaft from detonating, so I've had it rebuilt with a Falicon Knife connecting rod, welded, trued, balanced, lightened a little, and added a Hinson clutch basket with replaceable rubber cush blocks, a YoYodyne slipper clutch, and I was inquiring about the Kush sprockets.

Next on the list of things to purchase is a RAD MFG cush hub wheelset.

·
Registered
111 Posts
A guy on ADV has one on his 650R. Sounds like it has been holding up well. This is apparently the "new version". I dont know the whole story but it seems like the first attempt from this company failed horribly.

Anyways, i think he has a few track days plus 2000 street miles or so on it and its still holding up well. If the BRP cant wreck it, it should be fine for most things!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not looking for any scientific tests (but I'll take em if anyones has em). Just interested in peoples opinions who've used them or know someone who has. Both durability and functionality wise.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've got a 47t sprocket on order. When I get all the parts in I'll take some pics, do the install and report back.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Forgot to report back.... :anim_peep:

So far so good. I can feel a reduction in the on/off throttle jerk. Not sure what else to say though. It's a steel outer ring so it's showing no appreciable wear other than some loss of the black coloring on the teeth.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
i have a 45T on my 250x. i think i can feel some dampening but its hard to say really. might just be a psycological thing. either way, it gives me a little piece of mind. i have a couple thousand miles on it and wear seems really good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts