SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got these can's with my bike. I can't decide if i like the 916 can's or not. What do you guys think.

Do they look good or naf? I'm thinking if i use them, to maybe spray them up black or if i can get some carbon wrap maybe.

I haven't actually ridden the bike with these can's yet but they don't have cat's like the original so should i notice any more power with them fitted?

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
If it were me I'd cut them down maybe 1/3, I like them better than the stock cans though :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
They look a LOT better than standard!!

Just make sure it is/gets the akra map when changing out exhausts

·
Registered
167 Posts
If it were me I'd cut them down maybe 1/3, I like them better than the stock cans though :thumbup:
i have the same exact bike i even have the same chain :lol:, this is the best idea, this cans are to long

have fun:thumbup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you ride the thing without Akra mapping (assuming it doesn' have it) it'll run WAY too lean! Also, it doesn't have turndowns on the ends of the tailpipes, so don't let it sit out in the rain.

My question is are those the stock header pipes? The stock exhaust has bolted flanges instead of the usual clamps, which is part of the reason cheap bastards such as myself can't just slap on some generic cans and call it good. It may be that the previous owner hacked off the flanges and clamped the Duc cans on, but I can't imagine that it was a terribly thrifty operation.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
My buddy's katoom..

Started with an Erion slip-on from a gsxr750, then he had a midpipe made up to mate to the slip-on piece to the stock header. He cut the stock exhaust just after the midpipe mounting clamp..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you ride the thing without Akra mapping (assuming it doesn' have it) it'll run WAY too lean! Also, it doesn't have turndowns on the ends of the tailpipes, so don't let it sit out in the rain.

My question is are those the stock header pipes? The stock exhaust has bolted flanges instead of the usual clamps, which is part of the reason cheap bastards such as myself can't just slap on some generic cans and call it good. It may be that the previous owner hacked off the flanges and clamped the Duc cans on, but I can't imagine that it was a terribly thrifty operation.
don't know but the orig can's bolted straight back on no problem.

Question..

I have only ridden bike with standard can's not the 916 can's but they had the 916 can's on when i bought it so previous owner was running them. I don't know if it's remap'd.

Anyway i do notice a lack of torque in first to second when doing slow riding and find i have to stay in first longer than feels right. Is this normal or could the exhaust be a factor?

·
Registered
364 Posts
They look far to large IMO. Maybe if you cut them down.

I also would be concerned about the fact that that are designed for a large displacement bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts