Registered
904 Posts
go to your youtube options for the video and available it for phone

·
Registered
520 Posts
haha just messing around man.
so am I :thumbup:

okay so on a serious note --- you're gonna get some crap for the blind corner pass which you know is a big no no so I am going to let it go at that.

Many, if not most of your turns..... you're just apex'ing way to soon. Stick it to the outside of the turn longer and then drop the bike into the corner harder at the apex. Just practice delaying your turn in point a little bit and then a little bit more, and then a bit more.... build up to it. By apex'ing early, you are finding yourself both ON and over the centerline. Don't forget, just because your wheels are in your lane does NOT mean that the rest of the bike or your body is. When in the twisties, I try to pretend the lines are concrete walls and pick my lines accordingly. This little mental trick has saved my butt a few times when others coming at me were in there lane but due to the lean angle of the bike, were actually in my lane and we would have collided had I not used the lines as mental concrete walls.

I did not see much body movement. Don't be afraid to shift your weight to the inside of the turn. (Even if it's just your upper body and your butt never moves.)

please understand I am trying to help you be a better rider, not put you down. We all had to start somewhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so am I :thumbup:

okay so on a serious note --- you're gonna get some crap for the blind corner pass which you know is a big no no so I am going to let it go at that.

Many, if not most of your turns..... you're just apex'ing way to soon. Stick it to the outside of the turn longer and then drop the bike into the corner harder at the apex. Just practice delaying your turn in point a little bit and then a little bit more, and then a bit more.... build up to it. By apex'ing early, you are finding yourself both ON and over the centerline. Don't forget, just because your wheels are in your lane does NOT mean that the rest of the bike or your body is. When in the twisties, I try to pretend the lines are concrete walls and pick my lines accordingly. This little mental trick has saved my butt a few times when others coming at me were in there lane but due to the lean angle of the bike, were actually in my lane and we would have collided had I not used the lines as mental concrete walls.

I did not see much body movement. Don't be afraid to shift your weight to the inside of the turn. (Even if it's just your upper body and your butt never moves.)

please understand I am trying to help you be a better rider, not put you down. We all had to start somewhere.
Thanks man, im only 17 and just started riding on the street, the ktm actually belongs to my father however the drz is mine. Thanks for the tips, i guess i have much to learn.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts