SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, pretty much as the title says, will it fit the wheels of an 625 Lc4 2005 on an 450 Sxf 2013???

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I seem to recall the 625SMC running either a wider hub or a spacer on one end but don't remember the details - mine was stolen over a decade ago.

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
Front wheel should fit. Probably have to swap spacers.
I think the rear might be too wide at the hub. The later 690 rears are.

If its not too wide, the cush drive hubs from older KTMs should work. I had to make some spacers to fit ‘04 wheels to my ‘17.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about from LC4 625 2005
To
525 EXC 2005 ???

Hope it does, just about to buy the 525 and I’ll consider myself blessed if I can put the sumo wheels with the cush drive and all from the 625 on the 525 without major trouble.

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
I can’t remember what year the “Big” KTM’s went to the wider hub.
I suspect the 625 wheels will fit straight in.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I know that my 04 625SMC had some sort of spacer behind a rotor or sprocket required to run typical KTM wheels. As I said, don't remember the details, but I don't believe the 625 wheels will work unless there's a spacer that you can remove.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know that my 04 625SMC had some sort of spacer behind a rotor or sprocket required to run typical KTM wheels. As I said, don't remember the details, but I don't believe the 625 wheels will work unless there's a spacer that you can remove.
Seems that 625 wheels front and rear have a spacer under the rotor. So I will need to remove them to fit the 525 EXC?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I can't say for sure. Check if the hubs themselves are the same part #s between the 625 and 525.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
450 and 525 (of the same year) share almost everything.
Thank you, after all I am going tomorrow to pick up a 525 since is no 450 available on the market at the moment. Should be good anyway from what I gathered.

Happy new year!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
stroke of the crankshaft is about the only difference. rod and cylinder might be different to account for that, not sure, but chassis etc is all the same for the same year (if both EXC).

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
Careful. That bike is pre 2004, and has a smaller front axle. (As far as I know)
2004 - 2007 were very similar. The wheels fit to a lot later 2013 ish? Then, by changing the spacers, the 2004+ wheels will fit current bikes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Careful. That bike is pre 2004, and has a smaller front axle. (As far as I know)
2004 - 2007 were very similar. The wheels fit to a lot later 2013 ish? Then, by changing the spacers, the 2004+ wheels will fit current bikes.
Yes, the EXC is 2003 and the SMC is 2005.

As I already have the thing I will give it a try soon and I’ll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I have tried the front wheel today and I can confirm that:
The front wheel from a 625 SMC 2004 fits a 525 EXC.

I am to lazy to try the rear one but from my measurements looks like should fit just fine.

(Worth mentioning that under the brake rotors of the SMC wheels are some spacers that needs removing to fit the EXC)

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
So I have tried the front wheel today and I can confirm that:
The front wheel from a 625 SMC 2004 fits a 525 EXC.

I am to lazy to try the rear one but from my measurements looks like should fit just fine.

(Worth mentioning that under the brake rotors of the SMC wheels are some spacers that needs removing to fit the EXC*)

*Yes, the SMC triple clamps are wider

1 - 18 of 18 Posts