SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know most ktm's share the same pegs... I contacted the guy selling Tusk pegs on ebay and asked about the smc 690, he said they didn't show a set for the bike. Well I took the pair off my 560 smr and they were identicle, I ordered a set of the Tusk, billet, larger footprint and some real teeth, perfect fit, getting the springs to fit was the biggest challange. I have big ass size 13 feet and hang off my bike like a monkey in heat. Just an FYI for anyone wondering....

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
sweet! Tried the SCARS on my 625. Did not fit.
Maybe these will.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Get ready to resole your boots...monthly! They do look sharp... (doh)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
thanks for the heads up dude!.... nice looking pegs too!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If they are too sharp, I'm gonna pull out the ange gringer and flaten the points somewhat. I'm racing this weekend, so I will know soon. Supposed to be in the 100's in Oklahoma!!!!
Get ready to resole your boots...monthly! They do look sharp... (doh)

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
very nice. I have the same pegs on my crf450x. What was the issue with spring fitment?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Direct swap, pins fit,springs fit, they worked well with no digging into the boot sole. I tested them out trying an inside pass on an SV,had to brake check and lowsided. Only damage was the brake pedal pivot bolt sheared off. I love motards, picked her back up, swapped out some already slighty bent bars and raced again that day. We ran a 3 hour endurance on an ex 250 with a tempature of 111 and the next day did sprint races in 108 heat!!!! I'm in first palce by 32 points in Unlimited Motard in my first year with CMRA at 49 years old with 4 races to go. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice looking pegs!

I wonder if these would fit on a 990smr :hmmm:

·
Registered
140 Posts
i got a set, i rate them a D+ they did not fit my 625 very well. they did not come with new cotter pins! the brake sided needed a bit of filing but fit ok. the shifter side needed quite a bit to fit in the recess area of the bracket.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Did you order the pegs fitment for the KTM 625 or...other?

It is important to note that the 625 and 690 are quite different in the peg mounting area.

·
Registered
446 Posts
This thread is giving me flashbacks of shredding my right shin to the bone on Beartrap BMX pedals as a kid.

Those pegs look sweet but man what a greusome memory I thought I'd long forgotten.

Sweet carbon panels erty.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Did you order the pegs fitment for the KTM 625 or...other?

It is important to note that the 625 and 690 are quite different in the peg mounting area.
so whats the right part number for the 625 pegs? i think i should have got the IMS pegs i think they would be better for my needs...

i use race styles carbon parts

·
Registered
239 Posts
This thread is giving me flashbacks of shredding my right shin to the bone.......
I had the same flashback, except it was more recent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts