SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone know if the Akra exhaust for the LC4 is same for all models? I've been searching endlessly for a full system for my 2006 625 smc but they are hard to come by. I'm wondering if any Akra exhaust built for LC4's is interchangeable and essentially the same part. For example will the same Akra header fit 2002 640, 2003 sxc, 2005 smc, 620's, 625's, 640's, adventures, supermotos, so on and so forth... I know all the motors are relatively the same so there's little worry about bends and clearing the electric starter housing and what not but more into detail, was the Akra header the same for the original vs the newer high flow head? I don't expect an easy answer but thought I'd give it a shot.

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled the trigger on it anyways. I bought a 2002 640 supermoto that has a full Akra system, stainless header/midpipe and titanium silencer. I put it on the smc and it works with a homemade bracket for mounting the silencer, it’s just not as eye catching as the dual Akra system made for the 05-06 smc. What you end up with is an oversized single can hanging lower than desirable (imo typical 2004 and older smc’s) off of the subframe vs two cans tucked up nicely under the rear fender. It seems looking at the two bikes side by side that the subframes are what’s different. The smc’s subframe rises up steeper towards the rear than the 640. The trick will be getting the factory smc dual exhaust on the 640 if the previous owner can’t come up with the factory system. Might post pictures if anyone is interested in this or any other 625 vs 640 differences. The 640 also came with duke 390 wheels that I’m going to swap to the 625 so I have some info on making these fit both bikes also.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts