SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you need to change the oil and filter for one of these bikes,since it's street legal does it need front brake upgrades?Will this bike also make a great all purpose bike after i buy rims and street tires for it?I really like the larger supermoto's but this seams to look like the best all around unit to buy!!!Let me know what you all's thinks.

·
Registered
406 Posts
there are a lot of KTM exc's..... What year, and size are you looking at. 4st or 2st?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I change the oil a lot in mine. I change the filters and adjust the valves about every 20 hours.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry most likely the 450 four stroke.Maybe the 250 but I want something with some street cruisin power so what do you think I should get,I think the enduro would be a better way to go than putting dirt wheel/tires on a SMC.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks...how bad is the maintenance on the 450 exc street version and are the front brakes good enough for supermoto mode?Thanks again.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thanks...how bad is the maintenance on the 450 exc street version and are the front brakes good enough for supermoto mode?Thanks again.
Front brakes on any dirt bike are not nearly powerful enough for SM. Just get a caliper adapter and move the caliper out for the SM setup.

I know a few guys who run their 17" SM setup in the dirt and are damn fast at it too. They can go 95% of the places that I can go on a dirt-only bike on knobbies. Just don't touch the front brake in the dirt, you will go down. I had a few lessons from SM brakes in the dirt out of habit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the brakes tip....how often in hours or miles do the 450 exc's need oil changes?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thanks for the brakes tip....how often in hours or miles do the 450 exc's need oil changes?
My friends usually do oil every track day or 500 street miles. I do my WR400 every hard ride, but it usually doesnt see much street.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts