SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. I thought that you would like to see my winter project. I have been looking for big smoker for moto project and this one was too cheap to pass. Engine was seize up (don't know if this is the right term?) when I bought it and exterior was pretty beaten-up. Here are is pic from the day I picked it up from the shop.

Here is pic of the piston and some pieces of the piston...

The Cylinder was pretty good shape because those little pieces where locked up under crankshaft. That's why the piston did't move from the kickstart. I have ordered new piston, connecting rod set, crankshaft bearings, full gasget set and oilseals for the engine. I think only thing that I need for the engine is reed valves.

I have also order new plastics, tank and stepup seat for 2012 EXC 250. I think they sit pretty easy on this frame. I bought original tank and all black plastics.

I also found cheap 2009 EXC front fork. It was bolt on job...

For summer I bought used KTM moto wheels. Front 3.5" and Rear 5".

This is where I am at the moment because the plastics havent arrived yet.

Piston and some small stuff arrived to day and rest should me here this week. So Ill post pics plastics on soon as possible. Sorry about my english...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Sweeet!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cant wait to see how it turns out, post some updated pics! Were the engine parts expensive?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plastic parts are stil at Germany because I added connecting rod to that order. Hopefully they arrive next week. I think parts are in same price range then exc 525. Not that expensive but harder to find. Nobody has them on stock anymore. Hopefuly I can post some pics with new plastics next week...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No sign of my plastics but few other parts arrived today.

Reedvalve Force 3

Front breakdisk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At last. Friday I got all the missing parts. Here are some mockup pictures. Sorry about quality my cameras battery died and had to use phone. Probably tomorrow Im gonna chop up back frame...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Oh, wow!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks awesome! have you got the plastics bolted on yet, if so how much trouble was it to get them fitted?
Tank will fit pretty easy, but rest need lots of work. I decided to make new back frame so the part will fit better.

I have been realy busy with work and other stuff lately. So havent got much work done on the bike. Today I complited engine and its now totaly rebuild. I might get some work done this weekend but after that its 2 weeks before I have time to do anything. Maybe I win in lotory so I have more time for my hobbies... :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks good. I got a 96 300exc that I just rebuilt the engine on and got it running good. I'm working on the plastics now. I still haven't decided what I'm going with yet. You went 2012 with everything? And are just fabricating what needs to be? I was gonna get a 05sx subframe and plastics and airbox and mend something from there. Your mock up looks good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks good. I got a 96 300exc that I just rebuilt the engine on and got it running good. I'm working on the plastics now. I still haven't decided what I'm going with yet. You went 2012 with everything? And are just fabricating what needs to be? I was gonna get a 05sx subframe and plastics and airbox and mend something from there. Your mock up looks good.
Thanks. I am buying what I can rest I fabricate. I am starting to go over my budget but I almost have everyting that I need. I think 2005 plastics will be easier fit then 2012. I had some issues whit the tank but it fit nicely now. On those pics I don't yet have 2012 airbox. Sadly the side number plates are attached to airbox on 2012 plastics. So I got new airbox few days a go and only way to fit the airbox is to make new rear subframe. I Probably start the sub frame this weekend and if I got something ready I upload new pics...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I havent got much done lately. But new rear subframe is almost done. I also spend some time on ebay and got front break caliber adaptor for 320 mm disk and orange chains. Heres why crappy pics...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
awesome bike dude, soon an update?
Thanks...

Man I havent got much done to the bike lately. I have been realy busy whit work and other stuff. But I just finished rear subframe and all the plastics fit ok. hopefully I can get frame painted next week. After that It shold be easy to get bike finnished.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the frame painted and started putting bike together. Maybe next week I get start it first time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
sharpest looking 97 ever. turned out excellent nice work, looks bran new! Well except for expansion chamber...... im sure its on the to do list tho

1 - 20 of 21 Posts