SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KTM electric start kit has a stator part # 59039004200 / Wondering if stator part # 59039104000 will work, this one is from an EXC. Trying to fit this on an smr, the ktm elec. start kit doesn't replace the flywheel just the stator. Any ideas??

·
Registered
97 Posts
from what i understand the eletric start kit comes with a beefed up SX stator and works with the SX flywheel. The exc one should work with it but it needs a different flywheel and ignition cover

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, here is another option, I can easily get a EXC stator, flywheel and cover, but is the EXC flywheel heavier than the smr flywheel. Really don't want to add weight to the flywheel. Also my screen name on many boards is my nickname BOBO.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after searching, I found that the flywheel is heavier and does slow down the revs.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hi BOBO,
May as well just stick with the one supplied in the kit. No sense in lowering those revs down.

·
Registered
97 Posts
trailtech sells a lightened EXC style flywheel, i think its only like 3oz heaver than the normal SX. what are you doing with the bike? If you are planning to add lights you will need the EXC flywheel as the electric start kit one wont put out enough juice.

·
Registered
681 Posts
the stator that comes with the e-start kit will not make enough power to run the lights. like bobosap said, trailtech makes a lightweight exc flywheel. it is 4 oz heavier (i think).

once you get the flywheel situation figured out, there are 2 options for the new stator. you can either get the stock exc one, or the moose 270w one. im using the moose one, but im having problems getting it to work, and alot of people have had this problem before. from my situation that im in right now, i would suggest the stock one, as nobody i have read about is having a problem with it as of now.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have all the parts for an e-start kit except a stator to charge the battery, bike is a track bike only, won't be running lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts