SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KTM DEV-TECH Swingarm. True Original DEV-TECH!

Hey Guys, I have up for sale my beloved KTM DEV-TECH Swinger. I'd like to hold on to her, but due to new motorcycles and no space, I have to let her go. It's been a hard decision, as I know I'll never be able to obtain one again. I think it's time for someone else to get some enjoyment out of it.
Great condition, never wrecked or abused in any way obviously, as shown by the pics. Never raced with it, and wasn't even on my bike for a long time! The buyer wont be disappointed! The only flaw I see is where there has been a very slight rub by my kickstand where the swingarm widens. Not a big deal at all and not even noticeable. I just figured it was worth noting. Could be polished out. Plastic chain guard has slight wear, which is normal, and could easily and readily be replaced by another KTM guard (that's what came on it from DEV-TECH). Not a big deal at all and not even noticeable. I just figured it was worth noting. I believe this will work on all early 2000's-2011 PDS style shock KTM's. Worked and fit flawlessly on my 2008 530 EXC-R. Please make sure it will fit your ride before purchasing. Buyers responsibility!
I'm looking to get $2150 plus shipping. I feel like that's a very fair price and I'm pretty firm, however I will entertain reasonable offers. No low balls please. If you know about DEV-TECH's, then you know what a new one cost. As far as I'm aware, these particular ones for the PDS shock KTM's aren't made any more. And absolutely no trades of any kind and no shipping outside of the US. Money only. PayPal preferred.
Any questions please feel free to ask and thanks for looking!

List Date: 8/13/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: KTM DEV-TECH Swingarm. True Original DEV-TECH!
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

·
Registered
269 Posts
Beautiful swing arm I hope to own one someday:)

Just a note I emailed suter few weeks ago about a pds swing arm for a 450 and this is response I got.

Dear KTM ?oldtimer? lovers

We just wanted to let you know that we got the good old Supermoto swing arms for KTM PDS shocks available again!
Some of you might know them as the DevTech swing arm. We all redesigned it to the latest technology including the fully machined main body and nicely pressed arms as known and proved for years in all other bikes such as Honda CRF450 and later KTM SX-F.

Price will remain the same at 2680.- Swiss Francs
Available from stock.
Just let us know if you need the one with 104mm or 122mm between the engine.

Freundliche Gr?sse / Kind regards

Roger Sutter
Masch. Ing. HTL
Production and Procurement
Suter Racing Technology AG
Mettlenstrasse 3
8488 Turbenthal
Tel: +41 (0)52 397 10 72
Fax: +41 (0)52 397 10 70
www.suterracing.ch
www.suterclutch.com

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Old,

Thanks for the info. It's good to know Suter is making them again! I converted the prices over and that would come out to a little over $2950, who knows what shipping would be to the US. I have came down on the price slightly after reading that. I feel like it's very fair considering the nearly new condition of this swinger, and considering it's already in the US with free shipping.

Thanks,

- Josh

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Any takers?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump

$2150 + Shipping

·
Super Moderator
1,762 Posts
If I only had the $$$ right now I would so buy it but alas I don't :rant:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I only had the $$$ right now I would so buy it but alas I don't :rant:
Haha, I definitely know how that goes! Trust me, I wish you had the $$$ too!

·
Registered
141 Posts
could someone explain this swing arm to me. i hate to respond irrelevantly to this thread, but im curious as ive never heard of it before.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks old, that is waht i figured after inspecting th pics more, it seemed wider and well built.. Good luck with the sale JROB!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I wish you could ship to Australia what I'd do to have this!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys,

I'd love to ship this thing worldwide, but unfortunately I've had some issues in the past with shipping and buying out of the country. Also, I couldn't imagine what shipping would cost outside the US for something this big and expensive!?
So that's why I'm keeping it US only.
Sorry!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bump.

Any Takers?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bump and price drop yet again. $2100 shipped within the US.

Some needs to take this piece off my hands and get some use out of it! :D

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Does it come with the axle, adjuster blocks, and correct spacers?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does it come with the axle, adjuster blocks, and correct spacers?
It does not come with the axle or adjuster blocks. I just used the original ones that were on my bike (which is sold now). It does come with a small bag of spacers/washers which are for the bottom chain guide if I remember correctly. Not sure if that was what you're referring to though. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why not ship it outside U.S.?
I wish you could ship to Australia what I'd do to have this!
If anyone outside the US wants this then use a freight forwarding service such as Shipito.com

Have the swingarm sent there, and then they forward it to you. Easy stuff.

That way, the seller's responsibility ends when the swingarm gets to the freight forwarding place.

Freight fowarders give you the full choice of shipping - USPS, UPS, TNT, DHL, etc.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If anyone outside the US wants this then use a freight forwarding service such as Shipito.com

Have the swingarm sent there, and then they forward it to you. Easy stuff.

That way, the seller's responsibility ends when the swingarm gets to the freight forwarding place.

Freight fowarders give you the full choice of shipping - USPS, UPS, TNT, DHL, etc.
Thanks for that info Phildo! I've never heard of this, but I see how it works. With this information, I'd be willing to ship outside the US I believe! I just would have hated for something that expensive to get caught up in customs, with someone having to pay crazy fees. Hopefully this will help the sale, man I'd like to get rid of this awesome piece soon!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts