SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched around for about 40 minutes and can't find any threads on the differences between the two bikes. I only found a 950 thread. Are these sweet machines out and who has one???
If there are other recent threads on this please direct me and forgive my post.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
The KTM 950SM is no longer made. 950=carbed 990=FI'd Same basic motor with different internals and heads/cams etc....totally different frames/suspension/brakes.

Check out more at www.superduke.net

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No more 950SM?!? Damn. They finally made what I want and I cant get it. Is the 990 more street than the 950 was? Anyone own one? The Superduke is too street for me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
No more 950SM?!? Damn. They finally made what I want and I cant get it. Is the 990 more street than the 950 was? Anyone own one? The Superduke is too street for me.
It's pretty much the exact same bike, except a few more cc's and FI. So it's also the same dirt/street mix of the 950.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
It's pretty much the exact same bike, except a few more cc's and FI. So it's also the same dirt/street mix of the 950.

GP1K......STHU. Dude you have no idea what you are talking about.

THEY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT BIKES. They use different, engines, cylinders, heads, forks, frames, subframes,rear shocks, triples are different as well...............EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT. Well they do share the same swingarm and some nuts and bolts but that does NOT make them the same bike.

You need to do some research on what you say before you spout off info on a bike company you don't know anything about. Just stick to your jap stuff and keep to yourself. It really pisses me off when people say crap and they have no idea what they are talking about.

·
Registered
702 Posts

THEY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT BIKES. They use different, engines, cylinders, heads, forks, frames, subframes,rear shocks, triples are different as well...............EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT. Well they do share the same swingarm and some nuts and bolts but that does NOT make them the same bike.

You need to do some research on what you say before you spout off info on a bike company you don't know anything about. Just stick to your jap stuff and keep to yourself. It really pisses me off when people say crap and they have no idea what they are talking about.
Chill out dude.

The 950A, 950SM and SD are all very different bikes. Thihs guy was talking about the differences in a 950SM and a 990SM.

The 990's share the motor from a SD, basically, with some revised suspension settings and frame geometry. The 990SMs are not US-bound for 08 or 09. Maybe in '10?

·
Registered
193 Posts

Hey KTM elitist douche nozzle, did you miss my reply where I said MY BAD and I had confused the Adventure 950/990 vs the SM?

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills before you go off all half-cocked at people who made a mistake and already admitted to it.

Oh and just for fun, here's the bikes I was talking about, gosh, they looks SOOOOO different!

Paint em both solid orange and you couldn't tell them apart. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
07 Ktm 950 SM-R with 3k miles $9k is good or high price?

I'm getting back into KTMs :Funny:

Is this a good or bad price for this bike? :eek:

·
1,229 Posts
how many miles are on it?

I've seen the standard 950sm's going on cycletrader for anywhere from 7500-9k
some have 3-15k miles and are priced lower, some are still new w/0 miles left overs

that one is a R, so it would go for a bit more.

If it's got less than 5k miles on it it's a good deal.. also if it has aftermarket pipes, etc that helps sweeten the deal.

I believe the SM's went out the door new at like 11,999 (maybe)
and I think the SM-R's were more like 13,999-14,999

but by the year end you could find a SM brand new for like 9999 and a SM-R for around 11k

so if it's 9 grand and in good shape.. all the maintenence.. could be a good deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
3k miles Full Leo Vince Exhast, Rizoma Grips & Mirrors!!

how many miles are on it?

I've seen the standard 950sm's going on cycletrader for anywhere from 7500-9k
some have 3-15k miles and are priced lower, some are still new w/0 miles left overs

that one is a R, so it would go for a bit more.

If it's got less than 5k miles on it it's a good deal.. also if it has aftermarket pipes, etc that helps sweeten the deal.

I believe the SM's went out the door new at like 11,999 (maybe)
and I think the SM-R's were more like 13,999-14,999

but by the year end you could find a SM brand new for like 9999 and a SM-R for around 11k

so if it's 9 grand and in good shape.. all the maintenence.. could be a good deal.
Full Leo Vince Exhast, Rizoma Grips and Mirrors on 3k miles!!! :thumbup:

I'll try to get if for $8500 since the Economy is BAD in California! :Funny:

Arnie just chopped off 22,000 jobs and reduced all State employees to $6.80 an hour! :eek:

Thank you for the "KTM ECONOMICS" advice!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Chill out dude.

The 950A, 950SM and SD are all very different bikes. Thihs guy was talking about the differences in a 950SM and a 990SM.

The 990's share the motor from a SD, basically, with some revised suspension settings and frame geometry. The 990SMs are not US-bound for 08 or 09. Maybe in '10?
Does the 950SM have alot more wheelie ability than the 690? What about straight away acceleration/
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Both good deals on a hell of a fun bike! SMR has smaller tank. Less miles between fill ups, but more narrow. SMR has stiffer suspension and looks better with orange frame. I LOVE my SM.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just bought a new 09 Super Enduro and I can only say WOW this bike KICKS ASS !! I,ve been riding and racing for 38 yrs. now and this bike is the most fun I've had on two wheels !!! You will not be disappointed!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I just bought a new 09 Super Enduro and I can only say WOW this bike KICKS ASS !! I,ve been riding and racing for 38 yrs. now and this bike is the most fun I've had on two wheels !!! You will not be disappointed!! :thumbup:
Do you have it set up as a motard?

What are the advantages to doing a super enduro vs the SM?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Do you have it set up as a motard?

What are the advantages to doing a super enduro vs the SM?
Well, if your only going to ride it on the street then an SM would be OK. Butttt, if you were to occasionally go for say a ride in big bend NF, TX or maybe the ALCON highway from say Seattle to Alaska, then the dirt setup would be worth having around.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts