SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok seeking some help from fellow KTM brothers.
I just bought the bike it has 1000 miles on it put a LeoVince slipon on the bike felt very limp compared to what i read on this forum sent it in to have it mapped the tech took it for a ride after he mapped it and said the the bike still feels lame so i left the bike at the dealer so he can check cam timing etc,any of you have any thoughts on what might be going on, even with the stock silencer the bikes performance didn't knock my socks off.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Try a dyno and see if you're getting all the power you should? You realize it's a 63hp bike at the crank right? The power is never going to knock your socks off. The handling should though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try a dyno and see if you're getting all the power you should? You realize it's a 63hp bike at the crank right? The power is never going to knock your socks off. The handling should though.
I do realize its a 63hp bike but after all i've read on here how the front wheel doesnt stay down well mine doesn't come off the ground and feels like 30hp as I said it was confirmed by the tech after he rode the bike,i'm trying to see if others have had a the same problem.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I do realize its a 63hp bike but after all i've read on here how the front wheel doesnt stay down well mine doesn't come off the ground and feels like 30hp as I said it was confirmed by the tech after he rode the bike,i'm trying to see if others have had a the same problem.
The front end is much lighter compared to say a wr250 or a drz400. Go ride one of those and then give us your thoughts. It isn't going to be a wheelie monster with it geared stock. I can't get mine up in 3rd to save my life but can do it in 1st and 2nd all day long. :thumbup: Gear it down a tooth or two and it will be much snappier.

·
Registered
36 Posts
comming from a DRZ to a 690SMC.
yes the SMC pulls harder compared to the drz but if u are comming down from a 100+ bhp bike it should't scare the sh..t out of u :)

If u hit the throtlle hard in 2nd the front should come up easy but not always as it depends at what revs u hit the throtlle. it will definitelly woble quite a bit in 2nd, 3th and probablly 4th when u whack the throtlle and sometimes u are pulling a litlle whelie and u dont even know about it:bannana:

·
Registered
546 Posts
comming from a DRZ to a 690SMC.
yes the SMC pulls harder compared to the drz but if u are comming down from a 100+ bhp bike it should't scare the sh..t out of u :)

If u hit the throtlle hard in 2nd the front should come up easy but not always as it depends at what revs u hit the throtlle. it will definitelly woble quite a bit in 2nd, 3th and probablly 4th when u whack the throtlle and sometimes u are pulling a litlle whelie and u dont even know about it:bannana:
I don't think I've ever pulled a wheelie in 4th. Then again, I've never yanked on it too hard. 3th (as you call it) sure, when I tug it a big or get the bike "rocking" first.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I don't think I've ever pulled a wheelie in 4th. Then again, I've never yanked on it too hard. 3th (as you call it) sure, when I tug it a big or get the bike "rocking" first.
+1 not stock geared anyway.

·
Registered
36 Posts
what i was trying to say was not that it pulls wheelies in 3rd:)headscrat) and 4th but that the front wobbles when u accelerate hard.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
i too was going to mention the stock gearing. I get power wheelies in 1st and sometimes wheelies in 2nd. But stock gearing is way high and will take u up to 105mph+ (on my smr at least)

i do a bit of commuting so this is good for me, but if i wanted a true wheelie machine, i think 2 or 4 out back would turn it into a looper easy.

also, she makes her real power between like 4.75k and redline - not really much down low imho.

re: the wobble : anything lower than 4.5k in the revs, and theres like a chug zone between 2.75k and 4.5k - so if you're shifting early, thats probably what you're experiencing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Problem solved, the sleeping Beast is awakened,found inside the Leo slipon canister, there is a restrictor plate that was choking the bike removed the silencer and took the plate out.

Akrapovic open exhaust map+LeoVince slipon with restrictor removed now feels like a 690 on Jungle Juice :)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Lol!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Lol!!!!!!!!!
+1 I'm also laughing about it,the whole reason I initially started this post was there r so many people on here with 690's and Leo slipons would have thought someone would have given me a heads up instead got indirect answers like have u ridden a wr250 and its only a 63hp bike,guess we live and learn.

So heads up to future LeoVince slipon owners before installing remove the f....ing restrictor spacer in the exhaust canister.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts